The End Is Near...Blue Wine

As reported in the SFChron:
BlueWine

The reporter seems to be clueless that the 4’th wine is “orange”. So “blue wine” would category #5. The blue color comes grape anthocyanin and indigio dye. Designed (obviously) for the market to milenials. From the Basque region of Spain.
Not yet available in the USofA but I will post the definitive TN when it crosses to our shores.
Tom

Blue tortilla chips didn’t kill off that market, so I’m sure we’ll survive.

At long last, someone is importing Romulan Ale!

My favorite color.
champagne.gif

Stop the thread, Brad wins.

Naturally occurring blue wine is fine but that stuff looked nuclear when I saw it on tv

Per Eater, the wine “fits into the chilled, sweet white wine category” and was created by six young Spanish entrepreneurs who “wanted to create something really innovative.”

So putting coloring into white wine is innovative?

“So we thought about how it would be to have real people making wine for real people, not a wine made by experts to pseudo-connoisseurs.”

Move over white zinfandel!!!

Eggsactly, Scott. When I saw that pic, it immediately brought to mind the blue Chernkov glow you see
in a swimming pool reactor running at full power. Scarey thought.
Tom

And the news people explained it away. Crazy. No chance it was naturally occurring.

When I was a teenager I worked in a record store.

One day, a usually very blonde co-worker came in and her hair and eyebrows had been dyed electric blue.

I mean, blue!

I asked her why the heck she did her eyebrows, as well, and she replied, “Because I wanted it to look natural.”

It was the perfect answer.

Now, 40 years later, I have a wine I will carry back in time to serve her.

(For you logicians here, I did, indeed, undertake the pertinent follow up investigation.)

They need a new name. Gik, regardless of what the hell it looks like, sounds terrible.

Also, what the f??

Makes me think of that rather scary silver/purple stuff at the supermarket counter - Viniq.

I bet the marketing gimmick will work for them. For a while at least.

Makes me think of the Ice Cream truck in 1957. The raspberry popsicle was the same color. I’d be drawn to the wine by its color, expecting raspberry. If they can duplicate that popsicle’s flavor with integrated alcohol I’m in.

They can for sure do this at fancy bars, right?

Yes, but it wasn’t “wine.” Of course this also looks more chemical than grape.

Mmmmm, blue raspberry Missles were the bomb.

It must be coming. Literally just had a spot for this on my local news station here in Phoenix.

This wine must be a value if it comes standard with BlueTooth.

Apparently they didn’t want to import Boone’s Farm Blue Hawaiian.

nicely done [rofl.gif]