How many different Burg producers are represented in your cellar?

I was going to write

“How many different Burg producers are in your cellar?”, but that reads like Prince Albert in a can.

As to the title question:

45, though really only about 25, as a bunch are represented by 1 or 2 bottles.

85 different producers.

If I restrict to 1 case (12 bottles) or more, drops to 64 producers

Also 11 producers represent just over 50% of my Burgundy bottles (51.7%)
So the other 74 producers represent 48.3% of my Burgundy bottles

Top 11 producers, so 50+%:
Roumier
Rousseau
Perrot-Minot
Jadot
de Vogue
Boillot
Fourrier
Arnoux
Clavelier
Leroy
Groffier

To get to the top 66.6% of producers I’d have to expand to 18 producers and add
Cathiard
Barthod
Dujac
Mugnier
Le Moine
Pousse
Bachelet

So that would leave 67 producers for the other 33.3%

I was surprised so many different producers, about 30 more than I would have guessed before looking.

103 - too many

Red Burg -50 producers approx half of them are represented by 6 or fewer bottles.

122 but many have a few interesting bottles. Like Howard said, this is really too many.

I thought I was a little silly with 22 different producers, many of which are 3 bottles or less.

69 producers, but only 19 of those count a case or more of wine. Inventory is a bit out of date, so I’d expect that 19 to get bigger - I’ve bought more in the past few years that’s not listed, but it’s largely been from producers I’ve previously patronized.

I was surprised by the number of orphans - 22.

fred

Sh*t, this means I have to do inventory to properly answer. Maybe I should use that feature in CellarTracker. blush

71 but it follows the 80/20 rule for sure

105 and I’m surprised it is that many. Like Howard and Don, I think that is too many.

One of my few gripes about CT is that Beaujolais is included in the Burgundy count - is there a way to sort it differently that I am unaware of, or are you guys manually removing them from the producer count?

25 which is higher than I expected. Bob, I did it manually.

Exactly 100 including Beaujolais, which I don’t have time to sort out right now. Like others, many are represented by just a few bottles, but many of those are rare or too expensive to have bought in quantity. Taking that into consideration, I don’t think it’s too many.

Wow, there are way less than expected. There are currently only 13 producers represented, but many have multiple vintages / vineyards. I guess we drank up most of the singles while we were searching for the producers and specific bottles we wanted to concentrate on.

Is that reason to champagne.gif or [cry.gif] ?

Zero

In fairness, I should add that “my” cellar is really the combination two cellar, mine and Jonathan’s, built separately over many years, which has resulted in a much larger number of producers than my single cellar had. I am pretty sure that, even if both halves of a couple are equally interested in wine, if the two build their collection together, it’s likely they would end up with fewer producers than if two wine collectors build separate collections, which they then combine. Can’t say for sure, but it seems logical to me.