TN: Patrick Bottex Bugey-Cerdon La Cueille (Sparkling Rose)

Last night several folks went to my local Indian restaurant SubRas. The food was really good.
This wine was a revelation with the food. A sweeter side rose from Bugey. Sparkling to boot. With the tandoori chicken this was amazing.

Patrick Bottex Bugey-Cerdon La Cueille (Sparkling Gamay/Poulsard)

Beautiful ruby color. A nose that sparkles with lively red fruit. The palate is on the sweeter side but the bubbles keep this lively.
So refreshing. Very fresh red fruit that dances. The finish is excellent but it obtains another level with the tandoori chicken. Kaleidoscopic with the chicken.

The synergy of this match can not be overstated. A revelation to me. Wonderful!

I’ve always loved this. I pull these out for wine geeks, for people who say they don’t like wine, and for everyone in between. Like a vinous version of raspberry soda. Glad you like it too.

This and Dressner’s Renardat-Fache’s Cerdon du Bugey, which I usually find just a little less sweet than the Bottex, (It has a little more Poulsard in it) are terrific. You can’t help but smile when you drink them and with their low alcohol levels, they’re wonderful summer sippers.

I buy this stuff by the case… currently 15 in stock. And it’s a crazy value too! As mentioned pretty much everyone loves this wine and it’s great on a warm summer day.

Bugey!

Used to drink a ton of this around 2001-2005. It then disappeared from the shelves. I have no idea why.

Thanks for the replies here. I am going to have to check out that Dressner import Brad. I really liked this as a sipper and food wine. With the Indian food it was incredible. Better than beer which is saying something with Indian. A tough food match with wine. With our temps being in the mid 90s F, this is a great choice for us right now.

I used to drink this a lot around 05-07 when I got out of the Army…also gone from the shelves here too. Glad to see the reminder and will have to search it out again. A great trip down memory lane. It was so versatile with food…

Popped a bottle of this in the delivery room after my first son was born four years ago. Truly a wine for any any occasions. And what, $18 or so?

I usually buy the Renardat-Fache Cerdon du Bugey but both are great fun in summer. Refreshing, tasty, and do not get you hammered at 7.5% alcohol. Always a crowd pleaser among wine junkies and “gulpers”.

The price went down when I bought this last case. Under $12.50/btl when purchasing 12. I think they wanted $14 for singles.

Don, I brought a bottle of Renardat-Fache to our dinner at Cooks and Soldiers, though it probably got a little lost in the shuffle. Joy in a glass. I think Eric still has a little in stock.

Brad, thanks for the suggestion on a slightly less sweet version, as I find the Bottex just too sweet.

Thanks Mike Evans!

This is my experience with the Bottex, but I think Don nailed it with the Indian food, especially if it had more than less spice.

I have quite literally sold thousands of glasses of this wine.

Its one of the only wines I can ever think of that no one has ever disliked.

I don’t believe it’s a huge difference, but it’s noticeable and I tend to find the Fache to show more of a minerally note. The blends usually are about 80/20 Gamay/Poulsard for the Bottex and 70/30 for the Renardat-Fache.

I love to serve the Renardat-Fache at the trad. Thanksgiving meal. Goes perfectly with almost everything. I first had it some years ago in a restaurant served with a duck liver-mushroom flan and it was unbelievably appropriate.