Awesome customer service - Chateau Montelena

Last year I was very lucky to be invited to the Moveable Feast at the property. Fun time for sure. There was also the opportunity to buy some older back vintages of things. I picked up a number of things including some 2007 Chardonnay. Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I was at a wine dinner with some peeps from the Board. I brought a bottle of this Chard along and low and behold the gods hated me…it was heavily corked :frowning:

A friend suggested I reach out to the Chateau regarding it. I’ve never returned a bottle on my own, once a friend who worked at a retailer and was over when a corked bottle I bought from him was opened and he took it back himself. But on my own, no. So I penned a nice email to someone I found on their website, not knowing who to send it to. His reply was that same day, a few hours later, at about 9:30pm. Wow!

He forward the email and a couple days later I was informed a new bottle was being sent. I fully expected it to be a current vintage. After all, what are the odds of getting the same older vintage as a replacement. A couple days later, in a styro shipper with a chiller pack to keep the bottle cold, was a new bottle of 2007 Chard.

Absolutely fantastic customer service. I can’t speak more highly of them. [worship.gif] flirtysmile [welldone.gif]

The way it should be. Done with style.