TN: 2014 Domaine de l'Aujardière (Eric Chevalier) Muscadet-Côtes de Grandlieu La Butte

• 2014 Domaine de l’Aujardière (Eric Chevalier) Muscadet-Côtes de Grandlieu La Butte - France, Loire Valley, Pays Nantais, Muscadet-Côtes de Grandlieu (6/8/2016)
    Lemons and stones!! Drank a TON of the 2011…but those bottles didn’t have the “Le Clos de la Butte” on the label…wondering if its the same wine, or a vineyard designate? Anyway…killer Summertime wine here…fresh and crisp melon, peach, apple, lemon fruits…beaming acidity…salty sea air, crushed oyster shell, crunchy celery, fresh flowers…not all acid and minerals…has a nice lemon chiffon creme to it as well. Kermit Lynch import…and only $12 friggin bucks!! A go-get-the-truck wine here… (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice, Muscadet drink-up time is here champagne.gif .

Good to read a note on a good Muscadet outside of Marc Ollivier’s Domaine de la Pépière. Looks like it’s one that’s worth seeking out.

Incidentally, I’ve also backed up the truck (in my own little way) for Pépière’s 2014 Clos des Briords, which is always an any vintage buy for me, but the 2014 version was at least a notch higher than recent earlier ones.

I have one of these chilling in the fridge next to a Pepiere Briords. Might be fun to try the two side by side.

Pulled the cork tonight. Mildly corked unfortunately.

A nice pairing with Cantonese-style steamed cod. I appreciate Buzz’s enthusiasm for this wine; maybe I’m just tougher grader?

Posted from CellarTracker