You guys want Go Figure (yadda yadda) CS for $20.95?

Gary’s in NJ is running the sale right now for 2012 Go Figure CS but he can’t tell you what the TTB can with a bit of detective work, it made at Round Pond. Reg $27ish
His $20 jobbies are usually from Silverado and I usually pass.
Have at it.

I wonder if this is the cheaper “kith & kin” bottling, if so a decent deal but not great.

What about the 2012 Go Figure Lot 25 for $20.95?

That is what I assumed right away. No way they are selling their $50 stuff at that level.

The 2012 Round Pond original futures price at Bassins was $30 so its not outside the realm of reason that it could be blown out for $21 today if still collecting dust.

[quote="Brian GilpThe 2012 Round Pond original futures price at Bassins was $30 so its not outside the realm of reason that it could be blown out for $21 today if still collecting dust.[/quote]
Which RP was the futures for?

Assuming that a cuvee has to be this or that bottling from a producer has little place in the reality of the bulk wine market. More often than not what you buy in bulk has little to do with what goes into the bottle…when producers have excess wine often it is treated differently in that it is rushed through the fermenter, sees less or no barrel and then is a final compilation of odds and ends. Maybe what they got from RP is a bottling blend, maybe its a composition of excess barrel components form different bottlings or maybe its crappy press lots with a bit of barrel aged stuff to brighten it up. I’d be surprised if what they have is the same as either bottling RP does if, in fact, that is the original winery. Quite frankly, them having filed the COLA don’t mean shit - they may have just been the bottler.

Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon but my memory was off and the original futures price was $35.

I’ve tried this offerring. At the original price of $27 it’s a bad deal, at $21 it’s maybe ok but I’ve had better at this price point. At $15 then it would be a good to excellent deal.

We do work with well-known wineries and producers on a regular basis to create wines within the collection of GF Wines. We admire and respect the producers involved and do not release information about the specific producers involved in creating our wines. These are great value, high quality wines, and have never been claimed to be the same wine as the producing wineries own brands. Any type of speculation about who is producing each wine, is merely that—speculation. We value the relationships we have built over decades with our partners in this collection, and are confident that those relationships provide us high quality wines. We proudly put the GF name on all of these wines, and not some fictitious winery name, because we stand behind the quality of every wine in the collection. Thank you for your interest in GF Wines.

Thanks, Gary. Just as I said. :slight_smile:
Any luck you have any of the 2005 Go Figure CS Lot 3 hanging around. :slight_smile:

Thanks for taking the time to post. I wish more retailers would.
Now about shipping to Texas…

Here is some more speculation: Lots 31 & 32 Go Figure are from Alpha Omega.

Indeed it is a pleasure to make these wines for Gary. You should try them…

I’ve had Lot 32 Go Figure three times–gets better each time. Elegant, well-balanced with a touch of richness. Good value. You keep making them Jean and I’ll keep buying them.

2013 Lot 32 on sale now through 6/22.

interesting comment and thread with respect to now 6 years later.

I was thinking the same thing. Peeps in the other thread would probably find this very interesting.

It’s about Gary’s Wine. That’s why I bumped it. Read the whole thread.

You were there!