You get one last glass of wine... You pick?

You find out it’s your last day on earth. You get one last glass of wine. What would you drink? What would you drink if money and access were no issue? What would you drink from your own collection?

Actually not sure how I would answer. While it would be easy for me to say something like '45 DRC RC if money and access aren’t an issue, I might go with something like a really old Napa Cab. From my current collection… No idea…I’m almost embarrassed to even discuss it as my collection is probably one of the least excessibe of anyone on this board…pop a young Ridge MB and hope it’s not shut down? Maybe hit the mag of '07 Pierre Peters Les Chetillons we are sitting on for a future wedding anniversary?

Donnhoff Eiswein

2001 Yquem

So long as it was the 1961,

Or maybe the 1967 d’Yquem in the same size glass

A well stored 1983 Drouhin Charmes Chambertin. The nicest, most tasty and resolved bottle of Burgundy I’ve ever owned.

I’m tempted to say 1961 Chateauneuf du Pape because I’ve never had it and have heard raves about the vintage, but I don’t know if I’d like it and wouldn’t want to waste my last glass ever on a guess.

I’d want to share a healthy pour of 2007 Comte de Vogue Chambolle Musigny with my wife since it’s the top of the heap within the overlapping area of our Venn Diagram of Burgundy. A very close second would be 2001 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Auslese.

If it were ONLY me, then 2002 Lokoya Diamond Mountain might be my very selfish choice. If none are left by then, hopefully there’s still one 1966 Krohn’s Coheita Port left.

[cheers.gif]

1921 Nuits St. Onge

The best rose champage I could find to celebrate and toast a life well lived.

I like it, but I am still going to go with a glass of Jaboulet Hemitage La Chapelle 1961, and toast with that.

From my current collection I’d have to open the 1996 Krug. But if it could be ANY wine I want…I’d go to Bob’s house and ask him to open the magnum of 1986 Bartlett Estate Blueberry Reserve.

Even if my last day didn’t involve nuclear holocausts, I’d choose water: pure, fresh sweet spring water.

Depends. What’s for dinner?

Rayas 1989

I wish I will be in the situation one day to pick anything at all.
Not possible if you have a car crash, heart attack, airplane crash etc.
[shock.gif]

I would probably have a glass of Tokaji Eszencia. It would take a loooong time to drink it.

Or, a fine vintage Madeira wine…

Screaming Eagle . Figured try it before I go.

1962 Romanee Conti or La Tache, better yet a glass of ice cold Coke with real sugar.

That is a tremendous wine. And I can certainly see how quiet reflection on tertiary characteristics might not be the thing on your last day.

It depends.

What’s my personal weather forecast for the next day?

Hot and brimstoney, or pleasant and airy?

Probably 95 Comtes, I’d want to celebrate. so Champagne seems appropriate.

Good question, tough call. My first impulse was 1961 Latour. My birth year, and a wine I’d never otherwise be able to purchase (except in the fantasy you’ve created). I also like the idea of Champagne, and a 1996 Bollinger RD seems like a good option.

But this is the end of a life. And I’d probably go with something that is usually opened at the end of an evening. I’d also pick from my own collection and share with others since that’s part of my character. So it would be a 1992 Taylor Fladgate, which also happens to be the year my wife and I were married. I’d honor her with it as well.