TN: Bertheau Chambolle Musigny 2014

Bertheau, Chambolle Musigny, 2014
I wish I had something profound or extremely perceptive to say about this wine. It’s basically summed up in one word – delicious. This is textbook village Chambolle for me. Light, airy, floral and succulent. Very round and fruit forward. Juicy and fresh. There are no rough edges peeking out in need of time or buffing out. Herr Panzer in his offering note used the term “pure cherry juice.” The abundant fruit struck me as leaning a smidge more to the crushed raspberry side. Acids and tannins in check and lurking in background.

It’s nice to pop a bottle of Burgundy without all the machination and debate about vintage, producer signature, aging curves, yadda yadda … Pure dopamine hit on this one. Don’t want to oversell this. It’s just a really good example of what i want in village Chambolle. I keep going back to round, airy and fresh. Perfect wine for simple roast chicken on a Monday night.

This is my first sample from a mixed case of 2014 Bertheau. I am psyched if it’s a peek into things to come for the rest of the box and the vintage itself, which feels like it will be early drinking …

I too bought a mixed case of 14 Bertheau, and you have motivated me to try some… but I will start with the Bourgogne, definitely followed by the CM Village.