Aged Cali Cab

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Doug Schulman
GCC Member
GCC Member

Aged Cali Cab

#51 Post by Doug Schulman » May 17th, 2016, 11:45 am

Well, you've got a great birth year for exploring Napa Cabs. You might also seek out something from Diamond Creek from that vintage, and/or Ridge Monte Bello. That's my wife's birth year, so I've had a few.

Mont Stern
GCC Member
GCC Member

Aged Cali Cab

#52 Post by Mont Stern » May 20th, 2016, 9:09 am

I would look for people that buy collections that are in CA. I have had great luck with BP Wine and trust Stefan and crew to vet who they buy from and inspect bottles. I have had a lot of great experiences from 74, 77 & 78. Next good bet is 87 then early 90's.

http://www.bpwine.com/

JeromeHan

Aged Cali Cab

#53 Post by JeromeHan » May 20th, 2016, 10:42 am

Mont Stern wrote:I would look for people that buy collections that are in CA. I have had great luck with BP Wine and trust Stefan and crew to vet who they buy from and inspect bottles. I have had a lot of great experiences from 74, 77 & 78. Next good bet is 87 then early 90's.

http://www.bpwine.com/
I would def do that, but alas, I am not in California. Other coast.

Victor Hong

Aged Cali Cab

#54 Post by Victor Hong » May 28th, 2016, 4:28 pm

https://www.winebid.com/BuyWine/Item/57 ... -Sauvignon

I bought a case of the 1994 Judd's Hill Juliana Vineyard Merlot for $15 per bottle,
and have been enjoying this very elegant, balanced, mature wine.
WineHunter.

Charlie Carnes
GCC Member
GCC Member

Aged Cali Cab

#55 Post by Charlie Carnes » May 28th, 2016, 4:39 pm

You must try a 1983 Montecello Corley Family reserve, or if you can find old Louis Martinis, like the 1970 CS california Mountain Special Selection. There are so many cool ones out there.
So shines a good deed in a weary world!

Victor Hong

Aged Cali Cab

#56 Post by Victor Hong » May 31st, 2016, 8:37 am

Victor Hong wrote:https://www.winebid.com/BuyWine/Item/57 ... -Sauvignon

I bought a case of the 1994 Judd's Hill Juliana Vineyard Merlot for $15 per bottle,
and have been enjoying this very elegant, balanced, mature wine.
It may be my Block Island house wine, this year.

http://www.cellartracker.com/notes.asp? ... a1f040ddc5
WineHunter.

Victor Hong

Aged Cali Cab

#57 Post by Victor Hong » July 16th, 2016, 8:27 am

https://www.winebid.com/BuyWine/Item/57 ... -Sauvignon

I bought lots of this 1993 Napa cabernet for just $10 per bottle, and tasted one last night.
Utterly rich, yet balanced and elegant. My notes were blackberry, blueberry, tobacco, warm
earth, eucalyptus, and black olive. No discernible oak. One has to try hard to find any vanilla
hints. Chewy but ripe tannins, amid refreshing, non-tart acidity. The finish is like late
summer raspberry.

This wine has another ten years of full maturity, based on that structure, a darkly opaque
core, and blood-red meniscus.
WineHunter.

larry chen

Aged Cali Cab

#58 Post by larry chen » July 16th, 2016, 9:51 am

JeromeHan wrote:I've always wanted to try and see a really well aged California Cab tastes like. I'm not looking to get an aged cult wine or anything of that level. If I wanted to get a good sense of the flavors and how they develop, what winemaker and vintage should I be looking at? I was thinking something along the lines of a late 1990s Mondavi Reserve? Any suggestions would be great.
I picked up a bottle of '82 Mondavi Reserve from Chambers Street Wines a few years back and it was amazing with a vibrance of fruit that I didn't expect from such an old wine. Several others that I am acquainted with also picked up the wine and thought it was the WOTN for them vs. some pretty big hitters at their tastings. Seeing that you are located in NJ you should get on Chamber's mailing (if you aren't already), they some times will do offers of older Cali cabs and is a good source for older bottles overall.

William Kelley

Aged Cali Cab

#59 Post by William Kelley » July 17th, 2016, 12:36 am

Nathan Smyth wrote:
For Togni, don't forget that he was at Chappellet for a long time before setting out on his own - maybe as long as the late 1960s through the early 1980s, and he would have had a hand in making almost all of the Chappellet wines of the 1970s [which are still almost affordable].

http://www.sfgate.com/wine/thirst/artic ... 396208.php

http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/chappellet
While I would eagerly drink any 1970s Chappellet, Philip had already left by at least 1975; by '83 their winemaker was Cathy Corison. Never been able to get a definite answer as to who made the '75, which is an amazing wine, but a number of candidates have been suggested.
The Wine Advocate

William Kelley

Aged Cali Cab

#60 Post by William Kelley » July 17th, 2016, 1:35 am

I was going to suggest the 1979 Mondavi Reserve as an under-the-radar vintage, but then discovered it's actually pretty expensive—definitely more than it's worth. Seems like the era of old California wines being comparatively good value is coming to an end.
The Wine Advocate

Mark Golodetz
GCC Member
GCC Member

Aged Cali Cab

#61 Post by Mark Golodetz » July 17th, 2016, 2:40 am

Delete please
Last edited by Mark Golodetz on July 17th, 2016, 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ITB

Mark Golodetz
GCC Member
GCC Member

Aged Cali Cab

#62 Post by Mark Golodetz » July 17th, 2016, 2:43 am

William Kelley wrote:I was going to suggest the 1979 Mondavi Reserve as an under-the-radar vintage, but then discovered it's actually pretty expensive—definitely more than it's worth. Seems like the era of old California wines being comparatively good value is coming to an end.

A few years ago, there was a Bonhams sale with multiple verticals of Ridge, Martha's etc where the wines went for peanuts. One of my many regrets....

In general, that market was gone two or three years ago; the very great wines from unfashionable vintages take a little longer, but are now discovered thanks to the net. I picked up a case of 1986 Monticello Corley recently, but that has been it for this year.
ITB

Victor Hong

Aged Cali Cab

#63 Post by Victor Hong » August 1st, 2016, 4:16 am

https://www.winebid.com/BuyWine/Items/B ... /Ascending

Note the 1985 through 1993 vintages of Beringer Knights Valley. They are very worthwhile.
Last edited by Victor Hong on August 1st, 2016, 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
WineHunter.

Brian Tuite
GCC Member
GCC Member

Aged Cali Cab

#64 Post by Brian Tuite » August 1st, 2016, 5:53 am

JeromeHan wrote:Thanks to those of you who introduced me to cellaraiders. It seems I will be able to arrange to go pick up my order. I am willing to drive that hour or so instead of trusting shipping.

As I am not as experienced as most of the people here, nor am I as financial liquid it seems, most of these "inexpensive" wines are beyond my grasp. I have had some "expensive" wines such as insignia, caymus ss, calon segur, pape clement, but they were all from a close friend's cellar. When I go to purchase, I max out at about $60 at this point in my wine buying career.

So at this point, I'm leaning toward a few bottles they seem to have:
1995 Dunn Napa
1984 Conn Creek Reserve Cab
1990 or 1984 Mondavi Res
1994 Silver Oak Alexander Valley
1995 Frias Family Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Private Reserve
1992-95 Inglenook Niebaum-Coppola Rubicon

Has anyone tried any of these?
The older Rubicons are really tasty.
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

"On self-reflection, I think a big part of it was me just being a PITA customer..." ~ Anonymous Berserker

"Something so subtle only I can detect it." ~ Randy Bowman

2020 WOTY Candidates

- 2018 Once & Future Old Hill Ranch

Ryan M

Aged Cali Cab

#65 Post by Ryan M » August 1st, 2016, 6:22 am

Sterling's Napa bottling from the 70s or 80s, and pretty much anything from Louis Martini.
R y a n M a d e r a k

Victor Hong

Aged Cali Cab

#66 Post by Victor Hong » August 2nd, 2016, 4:34 am

I bought lots of this 1993 Napa cabernet for just $10 per bottle, and tasted one last night.
Utterly rich, yet balanced and elegant. My notes were blackberry, blueberry, tobacco, warm
earth, eucalyptus, and black olive. No discernible oak. One has to try hard to find any vanilla
hints. Chewy but ripe tannins, amid refreshing, non-tart acidity. The finish is like late
summer raspberry.

This wine has another ten years of full maturity, based on that structure, a darkly opaque
I opened another bottle last night. Utterly gorgeous wine: rich, complex, elegant,
and so alive. Judd's Hill 1993 Cabernet Sauvignon would have been a bargain at $40,
notwithstanding the recent purchase price of just $10 each.
WineHunter.

David_S

Aged Cali Cab

#67 Post by David_S » August 2nd, 2016, 7:32 pm

Well I just had what I would consider something with a little more age on it. This thread got me curious but not ready to jump from 2012s to the 70s, I got a 1991 Duckhorn cab. My first impressions were notes of tawny port in the nose and aftertaste. I'm a novice taster so I won't go into more detail than that, but an interesting shift in at least this one. Certainly something I would drink again, but would actually prefer the 2012 in a couple,years.
Spr3ch3r

JeromeHan

Aged Cali Cab

#68 Post by JeromeHan » August 2nd, 2016, 8:01 pm

Victor Hong wrote:

summer raspberry.

I opened another bottle last night. Utterly gorgeous wine: rich, complex, elegant,
and so alive. Judd's Hill 1993 Cabernet Sauvignon would have been a bargain at $40,
I wish I would have bought a couple of these too. They don't seem to have any more in stock.

D.Callahan
GCC Member
GCC Member

Aged Cali Cab

#69 Post by D.Callahan » August 2nd, 2016, 8:16 pm

• 1993 Beringer Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon Private Reserve - USA, California, Napa Valley (9/16/2011)
    Delicious cab that is drinking very well now. Still very good fruit and decent acidity with mellow tannins. Dark purple with no bricking at the edges. Nose took a while to open up then showed some berries, smoke and leather. The palate was very balanced with berries, smoke, leather and loads of chocolate. Very good, smooth, lengthy finish. Ed Sbragia did a great job with this blend and the once notable tannins are well integrated now. (92 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker

This is the oldest Cali Cab I have had and we drank it at a get together of a couple of wino friends back in 2011. I brought this, a Bordeaux nut brought a 1980 something Bordeaux and my other friend brought a mid-90s Chateau Montelena. The Beringer seemed to win the overall WOTN but later, as we finished off the bottles, the Montelena came to the fore as the Beringer faded a bit (3 1/2 hours after opening).
Dennis Callahan

Victor Hong

Aged Cali Cab

#70 Post by Victor Hong » August 3rd, 2016, 3:57 am

David_S wrote:Well I just had what I would consider something with a little more age on it. This thread got me curious but not ready to jump from 2012s to the 70s, I got a 1991 Duckhorn cab. My first impressions were notes of tawny port in the nose and aftertaste. I'm a novice taster so I won't go into more detail than that, but an interesting shift in at least this one. Certainly something I would drink again, but would actually prefer the 2012 in a couple,years.
That bottle did not seem to be aging well.

Better deal >> https://www.winebid.com/BuyWine/Item/58 ... -Sauvignon
WineHunter.

Victor Hong

Aged Cali Cab

#71 Post by Victor Hong » August 4th, 2016, 7:30 am

Victor Hong wrote:

summer raspberry.

Sitting outside on a cool Manhattan evening, I poured another glass last night from this
bottle, which had been in the refrigerator. Air time enabled the wine to open up a bit
more, gaining some weight, grip, and viscosity.
WineHunter.

John Danza

Aged Cali Cab

#72 Post by John Danza » August 4th, 2016, 11:55 am

I've had a lot of success buying older Cali Cabs (1980s vintages primarily) from Winebid in the past two years. I've typically stayed with this formula:
1. Magnum format if at all possible.
2. Always auctions that state the provenance is that the seller is the original purchaser.
3. Always auctions that state the bottles have been stored in a temperature controlled cellar.
4. The fill is into the neck.

While these items are all important to me, number 3 is particularly important. Right now Winebid has a lot of older Cali Cab bottles that state that the owner is the second owner who received them in an inheritance, and that the wine was always kept "in a subterranean passive cellar in a temperature controlled house" (or words to that affect). I wouldn't touch those with a 10-foot pole. When I read, "subterranean passive cellar", I interpret that to mean wine racks in the basement. I don't know about any of you, but my temperature controlled house does more to control the living spaces than the unfinished basement. So to me, those bottles are probably toast.
John Danza

Dennis Kanagie

Aged Cali Cab

#73 Post by Dennis Kanagie » August 4th, 2016, 1:10 pm

John Danza wrote: 3. Always auctions that state the bottles have been stored in a temperature controlled cellar.

While these items are all important to me, number 3 is particularly important. Right now Winebid has a lot of older Cali Cab bottles that state that the owner is the second owner who received them in an inheritance, and that the wine was always kept "in a subterranean passive cellar in a temperature controlled house" (or words to that affect). I wouldn't touch those with a 10-foot pole. When I read, "subterranean passive cellar", I interpret that to mean wine racks in the basement. I don't know about any of you, but my temperature controlled house does more to control the living spaces than the unfinished basement. So to me, those bottles are probably toast.
I have a temperature controlled cellar - it IS the basement of my temperature controlled house. I can keep the temperature of that room in my basement which I call the cellar between 58˚ and 64˚ (usually 59˚ to 63˚) by controlling how open or closed the HVAC vent is.

neener
Purple Drankin' Cretin

David Gerstenfeld
GCC Member
GCC Member

Aged Cali Cab

#74 Post by David Gerstenfeld » August 4th, 2016, 1:19 pm

Had these in the last few months. The Beringer faded after an hour but delish. The 2 Mondavi Reserves were going strong with the '74 having a slight edge.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

John Danza

Aged Cali Cab

#75 Post by John Danza » August 4th, 2016, 2:02 pm

Dennis Kanagie wrote:
John Danza wrote: 3. Always auctions that state the bottles have been stored in a temperature controlled cellar.

I have a temperature controlled cellar - it IS the basement of my temperature controlled house. I can keep the temperature of that room in my basement which I call the cellar between 58˚ and 64˚ (usually 59˚ to 63˚) by controlling how open or closed the HVAC vent is.

neener
Dennis, I think you missed the word "passive" in the description I noted. "Passive" means no separate temperature control for the wine.
John Danza

Dennis Kanagie

Aged Cali Cab

#76 Post by Dennis Kanagie » August 4th, 2016, 2:26 pm

Just having a little fun with you John, while pointing out that sometimes words can have different interpretations.
Purple Drankin' Cretin

Victor Hong

Aged Cali Cab

#77 Post by Victor Hong » August 8th, 2016, 4:38 am

Victor Hong wrote:
Victor Hong wrote:

summer raspberry.

Sitting outside on a cool Manhattan evening, I poured another glass last night from this
bottle, which had been in the refrigerator. Air time enabled the wine to open up a bit
more, gaining some weight, grip, and viscosity.
Last night, I had another glass from the same bottle (yes, drinking less lately, amid
summer heat). The fruit has tapered, enabling secondary and tertiary flavors to take
center stage. Still very nice and satisfying. At its price, this excellent aged Napa
cabernet is almost cheaper than beer.
WineHunter.

J.Smallwood

Aged Cali Cab

#78 Post by J.Smallwood » August 8th, 2016, 11:22 am

This thread has piqued my interest - snagged a 1992 Montelena Estate and a 1994 Mondavi Reserve over the weekend. I have absolutely zero experience with aged cali cab and look forward to seeing what I am missing. That 93 Judd's Hill sounds like a very savvy purchase!
James Smallwood

Victor Hong

Aged Cali Cab

#79 Post by Victor Hong » August 8th, 2016, 11:28 am

Thank you. I have been scoping out 1993 Napa cabernet and merlot which lack CellarTracker TNs.
That year was spotty, but many wineries still made decent stuff. As a result, very good wines
from the Golden Age of California reds can be had for a song, as risk-averse point-chasers chase
elsewhere.

https://www.winebid.com/BuyWine/Item/58 ... -Sauvignon

https://www.winebid.com/BuyWine/Item/58 ... d-Meritage
WineHunter.

J.Smallwood

Aged Cali Cab

#80 Post by J.Smallwood » August 8th, 2016, 11:44 am

Nice tip - thank you. Point chasing game gets old after a while...always more fun to find hidden gems without reviews, and also easier on the wallet. Were the early 90's (1990-1995) a good string in general for most of Napa? I find myself moving more toward Bordeaux these days as my tastes evolve - looking for more structure, balance, less ripeness, etc. so I'm hopeful that aged cab from the valley can be a nice compromise...
James Smallwood

Victor Hong

Aged Cali Cab

#81 Post by Victor Hong » August 8th, 2016, 12:15 pm

Absolutely.
I find that 1995 is relatively generic, but still good.
WineHunter.

John Danza

Aged Cali Cab

#82 Post by John Danza » August 8th, 2016, 3:01 pm

Victor Hong wrote:Thank you. I have been scoping out 1993 Napa cabernet and merlot which lack CellarTracker TNs.
That year was spotty, but many wineries still made decent stuff. As a result, very good wines
from the Golden Age of California reds can be had for a song, as risk-averse point-chasers chase
elsewhere.

https://www.winebid.com/BuyWine/Item/58 ... -Sauvignon

https://www.winebid.com/BuyWine/Item/58 ... d-Meritage
Jeez, thanks Victor. I've been doing that for a few years without competition. Now the prices are going to go up! [snort.gif]
John Danza

Victor Hong

Aged Cali Cab

#83 Post by Victor Hong » August 8th, 2016, 5:17 pm

You always have had competition....me.

On this wonderful Manhattan summer evening, we are having a tomato and corn salad dinner
on our roof garden, using our own basil and thyme. I poured another glass of that wine, and
it has actually re-opened for another great showing.
WineHunter.

Leonard Maran

Aged Cali Cab

#84 Post by Leonard Maran » August 8th, 2016, 7:09 pm

John Danza wrote:
I've had a lot of success buying older Cali Cabs (1980s vintages primarily) from Winebid in the past two years. I've typically stayed with this formula:
1. Magnum format if at all possible.
2. Always auctions that state the provenance is that the seller is the original purchaser.
3. Always auctions that state the bottles have been stored in a temperature controlled cellar.
4. The fill is into the neck.

I sold some wine on Winebid not too long ago; I never, ever claimed to have bought all of the wines on release, yet they went to the site as such, so I would take that with a box of Kosher salt. I will say most of the wines I've bought were well stored.

JeromeHan

Aged Cali Cab

#85 Post by JeromeHan » August 8th, 2016, 8:02 pm

Victor Hong wrote:You always have had competition....me.

On this wonderful Manhattan summer evening, we are having a tomato and corn salad dinner
on our roof garden, using our own basil and thyme. I poured another glass of that wine, and
it has actually re-opened for another great showing.
How are you keeping your wine that long?

Victor Hong

Aged Cali Cab

#86 Post by Victor Hong » August 8th, 2016, 8:05 pm

I have been buying at auctions. So far, the only problem has been three Coravin'd
bottles of 1993 Forman Merlot, for which the retailer refunded me.
WineHunter.

Arv R

Aged Cali Cab

#87 Post by Arv R » September 10th, 2016, 10:39 am

J.Smallwood wrote:This thread has piqued my interest - snagged a 1992 Montelena Estate and a 1994 Mondavi Reserve over the weekend. I have absolutely zero experience with aged cali cab and look forward to seeing what I am missing. That 93 Judd's Hill sounds like a very savvy purchase!
I've had (recently acquired) bottles of the 92 & 93 J-H CS in the last few weeks. For my tastes, they were pretty dried out -- and I actually prefer wines with some bottle age on them usually 10-15 years for red Rhones and Bdx. FWIW Both corks were disasters to extract, it almost seemed like they had been stored upright, or in a low humidity environment. Yet fills were high, and the wines seemed sound, but they were just far beyond their plateau of enjoyment, for me.

There's a lot of variability with older wines, but I think if I was looking for stuff from the 70s, I'd rather take a risk with Napa than France. I'm in Northern California and its somewhat easier to find older (non trophy) CA cabs out here that may have been resting quietly over the decades.
R_@_0

adam landa
GCC Member
GCC Member

Aged Cali Cab

#88 Post by adam landa » September 10th, 2016, 11:07 am

A '99 Sebastiani Cherryblock last night was superb.

Jeff Leve

Aged Cali Cab

#89 Post by Jeff Leve » September 10th, 2016, 11:35 am

Nathan Smyth wrote:The best Parkerized Mondavi Reserve that I've ever had was the 1978, from magnum; it tasted like a chocolate double chocolate milkshake [in a good way].
If Parker started his journal in 1978, how is that even possible?

FWIW, count me in with the group on Mondavi reserve. 1991 Mondavi Reserve is stunning. La Jota Anniversary Reserve, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996 and 1997 are all sublime choices. 94 and 97 Beringer Reserve are also beauties! And none of those wines should break the bank.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member

Aged Cali Cab

#90 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » September 10th, 2016, 11:48 am

The two best CA Cabs I've had are the '80 Montelena Estate and the '92 Shafer Hillside Select. Each was tasted a handful of years ago, and each was nowhere near going downhill. I'd recommend both of them without hesitation.
“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT: grafstrb

Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member

Aged Cali Cab

#91 Post by Neal.Mollen » September 10th, 2016, 11:58 am

Jeff Leve wrote:
Nathan Smyth wrote:The best Parkerized Mondavi Reserve that I've ever had was the 1978, from magnum; it tasted like a chocolate double chocolate milkshake [in a good way].
If Parker started his journal in 1978, how is that even possible?
Stop with your facts!
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

Victor Hong

Aged Cali Cab

#92 Post by Victor Hong » September 10th, 2016, 1:41 pm

Arv R wrote:
J.Smallwood wrote:This thread has piqued my interest - snagged a 1992 Montelena Estate and a 1994 Mondavi Reserve over the weekend. I have absolutely zero experience with aged cali cab and look forward to seeing what I am missing. That 93 Judd's Hill sounds like a very savvy purchase!
I've had (recently acquired) bottles of the 92 & 93 J-H CS in the last few weeks. For my tastes, they were pretty dried out -- and I actually prefer wines with some bottle age on them usually 10-15 years for red Rhones and Bdx. FWIW Both corks were disasters to extract, it almost seemed like they had been stored upright, or in a low humidity environment. Yet fills were high, and the wines seemed sound, but they were just far beyond their plateau of enjoyment, for me.

There's a lot of variability with older wines, but I think if I was looking for stuff from the 70s, I'd rather take a risk with Napa than France. I'm in Northern California and its somewhat easier to find older (non trophy) CA cabs out here that may have been resting quietly over the decades.
The 1994 Judd's Hill Merlot did exhibit some bottle variation, in the case which I bought.
The every bottle of the 1993 Cabernet, however, has been very excellent, so far, with no sign of decline----or even much age. I am sorry that your experience was lesser.
WineHunter.

Arv R

Aged Cali Cab

#93 Post by Arv R » September 10th, 2016, 1:51 pm

On the roulette wheel of older wines, sometimes the ball bounces the wrong way. No big deal, I only bought one of each as I avoid buying multiples of estates/years I'm not familiar with.
R_@_0

Victor Hong

Aged Cali Cab

#94 Post by Victor Hong » November 25th, 2017, 11:00 am

WineHunter: Beringer 1991 CS, $35.

https://shopbanquet.com/wineadvise/prod ... e-searcher

These 1991's will continue to sing.....and disappear.
WineHunter.

Seo S a l i m i

Aged Cali Cab

#95 Post by Seo S a l i m i » November 25th, 2017, 1:23 pm

Rick Smith wrote:Seek a 77 Mondavi Reserve. Should be a reasonable value for the quality.
Had two bottles of this not too long ago. Sadly, both over the hill. Both bottles seemed to be in good shape, with good fill. Hopefully your bottles are holding up better than these two did.

Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member

Aged Cali Cab

#96 Post by Neal.Mollen » November 25th, 2017, 1:37 pm

Victor Hong wrote:WineHunter: Beringer 1991 CS, $35.

Same wine . . . $20. You are so profligate Victor

http://www.tcwc.com/wine/California/199 ... l-SLC.html
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

Kris Patten
GCC Member
GCC Member

Aged Cali Cab

#97 Post by Kris Patten » November 25th, 2017, 2:27 pm

Don't forget older Heitz Napa, Forman, Villa Mt. Eden and Charles Krug.
ITB

Howard Cooper
GCC Member
GCC Member

Aged Cali Cab

#98 Post by Howard Cooper » November 25th, 2017, 2:28 pm

Had a very nice Dunn Napa 1997 this week
Howard

"That's what I do. I drink and I know things." Tyrion Lannister

Steve Eisenhauer
GCC Member
GCC Member

Aged Cali Cab

#99 Post by Steve Eisenhauer » November 25th, 2017, 2:29 pm

Jim Clary wrote:Drank a '92 Stag's Leap Cask 23 on Saturday night. It was singing, with years to go. Outstanding wine, and the wine that started me on my love affair with wine.
I've got a 92 Fay hanging around making goo-goo eyes at me. flirtysmile Might have to indulge it soon.
ITB - Congruence Wines

Victor Hong

Aged Cali Cab

#100 Post by Victor Hong » November 25th, 2017, 2:33 pm

Neal.Mollen wrote:
Victor Hong wrote:WineHunter: Beringer 1991 CS, $35.

Same wine . . . $20. You are so profligate Victor

http://www.tcwc.com/wine/California/199 ... l-SLC.html
For sure, my misdeed warrants a Chinese feather-dusting.
Last edited by Victor Hong on November 26th, 2017, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
WineHunter.

Return to “Wine Talk”