New wine producer is finally out there, our prayers were answered!

When it shows up here in Big D, I’ll give it a spin.

Who or what is “Unfair Park”?

Is it some kind of joke about Parker? [scratch.gif]

Just for fun I might contact the TTB and get them stopped for using a national park as a name. Gotta be a rule against that somewhere. Yosemite actually sells their own wine and I bet they will not take kindly to the usage.

Why waste my time with those. I already gave the TTB a little nudge. Feel better now. Next.

She adds that the move into a private-label wine jibes with “aggressive” efforts over the last year > to brand most everything edible in the joint with the 7-Eleven name> .

This is actually pretty interesting.

I wonder how much success they will have with it?

Apparently [as it’s been explained to me] Total Wine & Spirits [on the east coast of the USA] makes almost all of their profit from their own private-label wines [they purchase in bulk and then slap their own labels on it] - the rest of the stuff in their stores is mostly just for show [more or less as a loss-leader].

Increasingly, business people seem to be sick and tired of paying the middleman piper.

I guess that in retaliation the middlemen will have to start upping their campaign contributions to their state and federal legislators.

[And/or ratting out people to the TTB.]