What you drinking for Derby

Started with a Under the wire, Alder Springs 2012, this has come on leaps in twelve months, fantastic flavours.

Followed by 2002 Kunstler Holle Trocken, great golden full bodied dry riesling, really makes you question the price of white burg

On the menu for the race, 2004 Dom

White sox game later a 2012 Alban Patrina, lovely big syrah

Cheval Blanc?

Nice line up Alan, I like it!

You feel like the 12 UTW Alder could use a good amount of time to age still? I’ve drank a couple of the 11 Brousseau (spelling??) and am going to leave me other 2 alone for a long time, as I feel like they will benefit a ton from it.

And make sure to post on the 04 DP. Haven’t checked in on those in a while.

Mint juleps… I didn’t realize there were other options for this event!

You’re right, but, it’s never stopped a Berserker from drinking wine!

I don’t always drink beer but when I do I prefer Andygator.

Went with a Mathiasson '10 Napa white to accompany oysters sauteed with country ham (Benton’s), shallots, sweet peppers and lemon. Followed the race with prime Kansas City (or NY) prime strip steaks, accompanied by 1999 D. Mugneret Clos de Vougeot (and potatoes and ramps). All in all, a nice combination of new and old south, though we postponed the bourbon (would have been wasted on top of all that) for a tasting next week. The chalk, Nyquist, of course, won, but I had him in second to cover my long shots, which he did!

The Dom was disappointing, hate to say it but i preferred the UTW

Betting wise i never pick chalks so i got my ass kicked

Ill post better noted when i recover

The utw is aging spectaulrly, age is its friend

Nice. Love to hear the UTW is coming along nicely.

Too bad on the Dom though. Snagged a few for a song as I had high hopes for the vintage based on an early tasting.

Doesn’t really matter what you drank, as long as you were sampling fast enough…

No doubt it was a drinking day not a tasting day, is that wrong ?