Congratulations To Roy Piper

Video Blog: Racking The 2015 For The First Time
Dear Michael,

It feels good to reach out again, after some time away. It’s been a whirlwind for me the last few months!

First-off, a heartfelt “Thank You!” to everyone who purchased the 2013 Cab when it was released. I can’t do this without you all. About 90% of you should have the wine delivered by now, as well. If not, please reach out and let’s see what we can do.

Second, I got engaged to Jennifer, my long-time girlfriend, since my last blog entry. Finally, we moved my mom out from Arizona to Northern California last month. So a lot happening on the personal front!

Now that things are slowing down a little bit (for now,) I thought I would start blogging again. I’ve missed it!

A few days ago I racked our 2015 Cabernet for the first time. I filmed the process with my iPhone and thought it might be of interest to many of you.

Follow the hyperlink, below, to watch the video. It’s an even longer entry than usual, clocking in at 18+ minutes, so make sure you find some quiet time to watch it. Don’t forget to play the video in High Definition (HD) for the best video quality.

I will be chatting with you again, soon. Enjoy!

Roy Piper

© 2014 Roy Piper | Napa, California
Unsubscribe from our Mailing List

Roy…I REALLY want to try your wines! These vids are so informative…showing the true aspect of the wine making process…it is really fascinating! The 15 looks amazing! I’m sure your juice is as good as it looks…but the videos make it even a better experience imo…which makes me want to try it even more. SO…I will look to source some…regretting not pulling the trigger day one…keep up the good work, and the vids…no other winery that I know of is detailing their winemaking process like you do…and it is MUCH appreciated!

[cheers.gif]

Congratulations Roy and many many years of success and happiness.

Awwwww, thanks everyone!

That is much nicer than my little home set up, which is probably one of the many reasons your wine is much better than the stuff coming out of my basement. :stuck_out_tongue: (at least my family pretends to enjoy it).

Got my hands on the 2013 (which is fantastic and worth every penny) and going to try to get some 2014 and 2015. Hopefully there will be enough for everyone.

Keep up the good work.

Mazel tov, young man. Happy for you and your intended.

Wow really excited about the '15s. Looks like it’ll be very high demand and low supply.

Well done again Roy. Kuddos to you for being savvy enough to realize there is a segment of the wine collecting/buying community that desires to be more involved in a relationship with the winery than what has been the standard for many years. You’ve found a nice niche IMO and have provided a great break from the boiler plate winery release letter!

Roy’s ability to not only share insight, but spread enthusiasm is amazing.

I bet he could have a solid career outside of wine, out in the real world.
I KNOW WHAT Y’ALL ARE ABOUT TO POST IN REPLY!!! I was kidding.His entry into the hobby has made it an all around better hobby.

I will get around to an ‘official’ tasting note, but I have now had it and can sum it up in one phrase: Piper wine is all that.

That’s a superlative, right? I meant to say it’s freaking great and a joy to drink.

Awesome! Love these videos/posts… a long ways off, but it would be awesome to get a large group together from here + Roy and do a 10y vertical sometime in 2023 [snort.gif] [cheers.gif]

Nice video and boy do I love my racketeer as its the best advance since the invention of inert gas racking. I have the lees cup on the bottom and it still leaves behind about 2gal per barrel just like the one without you use. Its nicer and easier to use when alone in the cellar than the original Bulldog which was invented by a guy in SLO HOME I tasted at his winey when down there during college and they showed it to me and I was hooked.

I am racking my PN’s the next couple days and did my whites yesterday. Boy did I have a hell of a time trying to video (FB/snapchat/periscope) while doing valves and wands. I could really tell when you were one handing the so2. I may have to go back to the helmet cam for hands free operation like I did in 2011/2012.

Great behind the scenes look for those who are not able to visit wineries on days when wine is being worked with.

thanks for the video roy! would love to try your wine sometime in near future…

Great video!