TN: 2011 Produttori Riserva Asili - rocking out of the gate

These are now in market so I decided to take one for a test drive. Delicious and rewarding on pop n’ pour. I suspect it’ll shut down soon but quite compelling now.

• 2011 Produttori del Barbaresco Barbaresco Riserva Asili - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barbaresco (4/28/2016)
    Super-impressive showing as a babe Barbaresco. Full, aromatic nose of concentrated dried cherries, fresh flowers, dense earth tones and spice. The palate is dense and concentrated yet silky and lithe. Suave refined tannins meld with the fruit for a polished mouth feel. Just the right amount of grip from the tannins in the finish to remind you of the relative youth here. A stupid bargain at ~$50. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Great note, Rich. That does track, actually, from the perspective of quite a few 2011 Brunelli I tasted a couple months ago, which showed a vintage that was much more approachable and open, with all the producers and reps agreeing.

Skal

Mike

Had the '11 Ovello two days ago; more dense, less silky and lithe. Somewhat drinkable and nicely aromatic but quite tannic / structured. Reminded me of the '10 normale with everything up a couple of notches. Wish I’d grabbed Asili but I have only one :slight_smile:.

Thanks. I grabbed 4 of these the other day on sale.

Only someone with the palate of a yak could enjoy young Nebbiolo. Where the hell is Klapp when you need him?

Must…resist…buying…more…wine…

Embrace the horror

We had the normale (torre) last night and it was beautiful. I can’t remember ever having a young Barbaresco this nice.

Just to pile on here, the Normale is fantastic… I bought four, burned thru them and reloaded… it was a steal at $24! so good right now.