TN: 2015 Cruse Wine Company St. Laurent Petillant Naturel Ricci Vineyard

• 2015 Cruse Wine Company St. Laurent Petillant Naturel Ricci Vineyard - USA, California, Napa / Sonoma, Carneros (4/28/2016)
    I really enjoyed this wine. Tonight, it was our aperitif. Stunning color of raspberry-lavender. Fruity but not sweet, berry flavors; very aromatic. Good acid cut balances the fruit. It had a more generous bead than I expected from a pétillant, but we served it a bit warmer than cellar temperature. This will be a great summer patio wine. I should have bought more.

Thanks for the note, Warren!

I have not had a Pet Nat from California yet, but I am definitely interested. The capacity to handle the Louisiana heat and match the spicy food at the table limits the appropriate selection base of wines to Rosé, Sparkling, and White Wines (as well as lower tannin, higher acid Reds).

Thanks for popping one, Warren, sounds great.
I’ve been thinking of trying one of mine.
Maybe this weekend.

We had the 2015 Valdiguie from this producer earlier this week, and it sounds quite similar to your impressions of the St Laurent. Thanks for the note!

-Michael

So I opened one last night and Warren’s note is right on.
Really unique, electric color. Looks alive!
Lots of energy to the fine bubbles. Great last night out on the deck on a warm night.
9.5%.
Cheers.