BYOB coming to Boston!

BYOB coming to the city of Boston!

Finally, a reason to visit the Bean City!

Not sure if they have expanded upon this, but originally it was only going to be for certain neighborhoods and certain establishments without current license. I really hope they open it up to all neighborhoods and all establishments

As I understand the law, this will allow restaurants to apply for a BYOB-only license, but won’t enable BYOB in restaurants with existing beer/wine licenses.

While full liquor licenses are a pain to get in our wonderful city, beer/wine licenses are not. I don’t regularly dine anywhere without a beer/wine license. So this isn’t a big change, at least as I understand it.

That would be great, but it won’t happen. Sadly, this will do pretty much nothing.

Gotta love progressive cities. They think of everything!

Why is this a big deal? I’ve BYO’d in Brookline and Swampscott for years. :stuck_out_tongue:

Because, it seems, against the beverage licensee law. At least what we have been told. Those of us who seek out and enjoy the privilege that these owners extend us. As this byob trend advances let us not forget ‘our’ friends.