Which Champagne are you drinking?

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
R@y.Tupp@+sch

Re: Which Champagne are you drinking?

#851 Post by R@y.Tupp@+sch » November 22nd, 2019, 10:44 am

Had a lot of great wine last night including the following Champagnes -

1969 Heidsieck & Co Monopole Diamant Bleu Mag - Probably the best example of this not so often seen Champagne I've had regardless of vintage. Mature flavors but still some youth to it. Effervescence almost gone but the color is surprisingly bright yellow. Format surely helped. Staggering Minus

1995 Henriot Cuvee des Enchanteleurs Mag - Another Champagne that unjustly doesn't get enough props. Still lively with a lot of yellow fruits. Seems to be just transitioning to the next level with hints of mushrooms and nuts. Excellent Plus

2009 Cristal - Obviously this is very youthful but it is surprisingly approachable. Yet, it has good structure for it to age well for several decades. Bright citrus fruits. Staggering Minus

1961 Taittinger CdC - Fill just into the bottom of the neck so little surface area of the Champagne to air. Deep yellow color. Little to no effervescence. Marzipan and caramel on the nose. Still a bit on fruit on the palate to enhance the other fully mature flavors. Second and third pours were even better. Staggering Plus

1964 Taittinger CdC - Same fill as the previous bottle. Slightly darker color. At first the nose is a bit off-putting but the flavors are great. More coffee than the '61. Aromas improve significantly after 30 minutes. Both CdC's fully mature for my palate, and probably past maturity for some. That said, the others at the table who aren't old Champagne drinkers, surprisingly seemed to have liked both CdC's even more than I did. Staggering.

I'd be remiss not to mention a great bottle of La Tache from the mediocre (at best) vintage of 1994.
Killer, Staggering, Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, Poor ®

J. Rock

#852 Post by J. Rock » November 24th, 2019, 11:39 pm

I just went to a little Champagne tasting fest, and while the usual suspects were great to excellent (Cristal, Dom, Krug, Taittinger, etc.), my favorite of the day was the 1999 Vincent Couche Champagne Sensation. Very rich with great savory notes. Has anyone had any Vincent Couche? I was extremely impressed and thought the NV was great too.
J o r d a n

Geoff F.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#853 Post by Geoff F. » November 25th, 2019, 12:03 am

J. Rock wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 11:39 pm
I just went to a little Champagne tasting fest, and while the usual suspects were great to excellent (Cristal, Dom, Krug, Taittinger, etc.), my favorite of the day was the 1999 Vincent Couche Champagne Sensation. Very rich with great savory notes. Has anyone had any Vincent Couche? I was extremely impressed and thought the NV was great too.
The 99 Sensation is currently on offer from SommSelect if you need more.
F r a n z

J. Rock

#854 Post by J. Rock » November 25th, 2019, 8:37 am

Geoff F. wrote:
November 25th, 2019, 12:03 am
J. Rock wrote:
Thank you! We actually bought the last 2 bottles from the Wine Store that hosted the tasting (Wine House in LA), but they said they will order more since it did so well after the Champagne Fest. Another couple was actually very nice as they gave us the last 2 bottles from the half case in their cart. When we almost didn't get any, I almost regretted sending so many people over to that table!
J o r d a n

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#855 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » November 25th, 2019, 9:18 am

That's a really fun tasting; the last time I went i stayed to the end and was hanging out with Jim Knight drinking krug 164 and 2009 dom. Fun times.

Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member

#856 Post by Frank Murray III » November 25th, 2019, 10:15 am

• 2008 Louis Roederer Champagne Cristal Brut - France, Champagne (11/25/2019)
    Pulled from the cellar and then blinded the bottle, pouring into several glasses. Was uniformly enjoyed. In this bottle, I found oranges, lime zest, green apple, and good intensity. Drinks with a purity and balance that is lovely. And I will also add a point about drinking now....while this doesn't show the softer and more open-knitted feel of the 2009, for me there is nothing wrong with drinking the 2008 now. With air in the glass, this showed well to me. I recognize I am going to be in the minority in my view, but drinking this now does just fine for me. It's an amazing wine for what it is. Broadly, I am not buying stuff to age for a decade or more. Life now is about sharing, enjoying wines with others and not putting my wines into a cellared prison for years and years. This is just me.
Posted from CellarTracker
My best wines for 2020:
2014 Marie Courtin Champagne Efflorescence Extra Brut

My best wines for 2019:
2014 Marie Courtin Eloquence BdB Extra Brut
2017 Rivers-Marie PN Platt SC
2009 Roederer Cristal Brut

Kindness matters.

Subu Ramachandran

#857 Post by Subu Ramachandran » November 25th, 2019, 10:55 am

Geoff F. wrote:
J. Rock wrote:
Vincent Couche is an incredible producer. I had the ADN it was sensational.

K John Joseph
GCC Member
GCC Member

#858 Post by K John Joseph » November 25th, 2019, 10:58 am

2008 Billecart Salmon Extra Brut - Round 2 here - Green apples, lemon curd, hint of fresh baked yeast roll, hint of flowers and good chalky minerality. This bottle seemed a little more crisp than the previous bottle, and maybe a hair less complex. Good, young, will benefit from time. 93.

Goutorbe-Bouillot Reflets de Riviere - Kind of a weird wine, to be honest. Green apple, key lime, a peachy cherry note on the midpalate, and not a whole lot more. Acidity is aggressive here and I felt like it stripped off some taste buds the next morning. A bit unusual fruit note on the palate that I actually kind of liked, but not particularly complex and a little unbalanced for me. I don't see myself buying more, even at a favorable price. 89

2011 Michel Gonet Grand Cru Blanc de Blancs - Cream, green apple, tangerine, lemon on the palate with a more lemon and stoney nose. Very crisp, but just enough cream to keep things alright. Not bad. Not super complex, but a decent champagne. 91

2008 Dom Perignon - A distinct nose of smoke, mint, rocks, and pear. It's so unique and lovely and the palate is so refined, perfectly integrated and creamy. A layered, super complex wine that is just so smooth. The definition of a fine mousse, creamy delivery, and pure sophistication. A special champagne and a distinct Dom. 97

Krug MV 166eme - A very different wine that its counterpart, the Dom. Bug, burly, with a less refined mousse. Notes of apple, dried mango, orange, lemon curd, fresh biscuit, candied spicy ginger. It's long, it's intense and concentrated, and is really extraordinarily delicious. It's so different than the Dom, but excellent. 95-96
J0hn-J-K4ne

Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member

#859 Post by Jay Miller » November 25th, 2019, 11:17 am

08 Dom and 06 Cristal last night. As anyone who read my La Fete du Champagne post will predict I liked but wasn't greatly impressed by the Dom. I greatly preferred the gorgeous Cristal though it's not up to the 08 version.
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

J. Rock

#860 Post by J. Rock » November 25th, 2019, 11:47 am

Subu Ramachandran wrote:
November 25th, 2019, 10:55 am
Geoff F. wrote:
J. Rock wrote:
Vincent Couche is an incredible producer. I had the ADN it was sensational.
We tasted the 1999 Sensation, which really "wowed" me, and the NV Elegance which I also thought was great, especially for the price. They didn't have the ADN at the tasting I was at, but between the wines we did taste and your great review, I'll need to see some out in the future.
J o r d a n

K John Joseph
GCC Member
GCC Member

#861 Post by K John Joseph » November 25th, 2019, 12:50 pm

Jay Miller wrote:
November 25th, 2019, 11:17 am
08 Dom and 06 Cristal last night. As anyone who read my La Fete du Champagne post will predict I liked but wasn't greatly impressed by the Dom. I greatly preferred the gorgeous Cristal though it's not up to the 08 version.
I had the Krug 166 and Dom 08 at dinner on Saturday with friends. Table was 50-50 on which one was superior. I had the same side by side in May and it was similarly split. The Dom is not flash and panache and is not a fruit forward expression like 09 Cristal. It is something different, and I could see why folks might have a stylistic preference for another champagne.
J0hn-J-K4ne

Geoff F.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#862 Post by Geoff F. » November 25th, 2019, 9:37 pm

Enough of you have raved about the Sensation that I'm in for two bottles. Enablers, all of you. ;)
F r a n z

K John Joseph
GCC Member
GCC Member

#863 Post by K John Joseph » November 26th, 2019, 8:16 am

Bereche Brut Reserve NV - 7g dosage, 7/19 Disgorgement. My first Bereche and I did not see the disgorgement date until I was pouring glasses for my wife and me. This is a light golden color with the faintest pink hue. The nose is intense, with chalky minerality transitioning swiftly into intense vinous white cherry, almond paste, vanilla, and a light smokey note. The palate is concentrated and expressive with a distinct cherry note mixed with white peach and granny smith. A hint of honeysuckle finishes things off. I was really impressed with this wine, especially given the price. One of the bigger hits at $50. 92-93.
J0hn-J-K4ne

Sarah Kirschbaum

#864 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum » November 26th, 2019, 8:40 am

Another gorgeous bottle of 2008 Diebolt-Vallois Fleur de Passion last night, since I had tasted it but my husband had not yet. Densely packed and yet totally effortless, with a little smile at the end as if to say "See? That's how it's done."

Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member

#865 Post by Frank Murray III » November 28th, 2019, 10:51 am

• NV Minière F & R Champagne Absolu Blanc De Blancs Brut - France, Champagne (11/28/2019)
    Time to get more. 80% 2012 and 20% 2011. 100% Chard at 5.5 g/l. Creamy lemon, green apple, light chalk. The texture and expression on this bottle is terrific. Just enough dosage to not be decadent, allowing it to be generous and zesty. Love Frederic's wines.
My best wines for 2020:

My best wines for 2019:

Kindness matters.

Merrill Lindquist
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#866 Post by Merrill Lindquist » November 28th, 2019, 11:26 am

It's Champagne Sunday, right? Oh no, just a holiday. Anyway, a lovely Dhondt-Grellet Extra Brut "Dans un Premier Temps." Champagne in the morning is the best, before your palate meets all those other flavors.

I like this one a lot. Not in the elite class, but a high end daily drinker. Lovely. Some toasty almonds in there, which I love.
Merrill
EMH Vineyards - Home of the Black Cat
email:Merrill@EMHVineyards.com

Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member

#867 Post by Frank Murray III » November 28th, 2019, 12:12 pm

It is Champagne Thursday, Merrill. Happy holidays to you and the Black Cat.
  • 2014 Benoit Dehu Champagne Cuvée La Rue des Noyers Extra Brut - France, Champagne (11/28/2019)
    First of two. 100% Pinot Meunier, no dosage. Disgorged August 2017. There is some wood peaking through the wine, as its does see some barrel. The aromatics are a mix of savory, saline and some lees. The lack of dosage shows here, the wine more steely and lasered. Spearmint, earth, lime, wet stones and pear. Finishes with slate, lime zest and a little bot of mushroom. The acidity here is bright and the wine intense. This is a style I like a lot.
My best wines for 2020:

My best wines for 2019:

Kindness matters.

Richard T r i m p i
GCC Member
GCC Member
Location: Within walking distance of William Penn's Walking Purchase

#868 Post by Richard T r i m p i » November 29th, 2019, 7:18 am

NV Lanson Black Label Brut - Disgorgement 12/2014, Approx 50% Pinot Noir, 35% Chardonnay and 15% Pinot Meunier. Solid entry level champagne with apple, citrus, mineral, mild brioche. Bright with good persistence. Pleasing mouthfeel. It's a worthwhile option for < $40.

RT

JLee

#869 Post by JLee » November 29th, 2019, 12:57 pm

Recently had a mag of '93 Dom Perignon and I thought it wildly outperformed the reputation of the vintage. Thank goodness for champagne mags. I got it just a year or so ago for less the current W-S low for the 750ml so poor was the wine's reputation.
J a m e s

Yao C

#870 Post by Yao C » November 29th, 2019, 2:57 pm

2008 Ployez-Jacquemart Blanc de Blancs Extra-Brut
Showing a nice citrusy blanc de blanc character with excellent cut; right on the edge of being too austere for my taste but lovely with rich Thanksgiving food; all in all a quite enjoyable rec from Robert Panzer; looking forward to the next bottle in 5 years; good minus with upside
C h 0 o n 6

alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member

#871 Post by alan weinberg » November 29th, 2019, 5:00 pm

Yao C wrote:
November 29th, 2019, 2:57 pm
Showing a nice citrusy blanc de blanc character with excellent cut; right on the edge of being too austere for my taste but lovely with rich Thanksgiving food; all in all a quite enjoyable rec from Robert Panzer; looking forward to the next bottle in 5 years; good minus with upside
been drinking lots of this. Superb champagne house. And their rosé. And their d’Harbonville. Up and down the line superb.

Yao C

#872 Post by Yao C » November 29th, 2019, 10:04 pm

alan weinberg wrote:
November 29th, 2019, 5:00 pm
Yao C wrote:
been drinking lots of this. Superb champagne house. And their rosé. And their d’Harbonville. Up and down the line superb.
I've never had the Liesse d'Harbonville and you're making me want to give it a try. I've got a single of their 2000; is it at/near peak do you think?
C h 0 o n 6

J. Rock

#873 Post by J. Rock » November 30th, 2019, 12:15 am

Yao C wrote:
November 29th, 2019, 10:04 pm
alan weinberg wrote:
Yao C wrote:
I've never had the Liesse d'Harbonville and you're making me want to give it a try. I've got a single of their 2000; is it at/near peak do you think?
I had the 2000 Liesse d'Harbonville a few days ago and it was excellent. I think it has a lot more life left, although I usually prefer more aged Champagne. I thought it was still pretty lively and fresh, despite being fuller bodied, but benefited from added complexity and richness from a bit more time in the bottle.
J o r d a n

Yao C

#874 Post by Yao C » November 30th, 2019, 9:34 am

Thank you Jordan!
C h 0 o n 6

alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member

#875 Post by alan weinberg » November 30th, 2019, 1:36 pm

Yao C wrote:
November 29th, 2019, 10:04 pm
alan weinberg wrote:
Yao C wrote:
probably depends on how you like it so I don’t know what peak may be.

Kris Patten
GCC Member
GCC Member

#876 Post by Kris Patten » November 30th, 2019, 4:58 pm

Vazart-Coquart Blanc de Blanc Grand Cru
ITB

Dennis Atick

#877 Post by Dennis Atick » December 1st, 2019, 5:56 am

2013 Remi Leroy BdB last night was just terrific. FM has an excellent (and only) note in CT that captures it well. Edgy, fresh, lemon-green apple but a terrific brioche-round-sweetness comes on with air and really fills it out.
Glad to have more.

@decaturwinedude

Mike Evans
GCC Member
GCC Member

#878 Post by Mike Evans » December 1st, 2019, 7:38 am

Yesterday I had 2008 Bollinger Grand Année and 2006 Taittinger Comtes side by side. Very different styles, as the Bollinger was crisp and precise, but with ample body, while the Comte showed more bready richness with a tart lemon twist. I couldn’t pick a favorite and am glad to have both in the cellar.

Mike Evans
GCC Member
GCC Member

#879 Post by Mike Evans » December 1st, 2019, 7:38 am

Yesterday I had 2008 Bollinger Grand Année and 2006 Taittinger Comtes side by side. Very different styles, as the Bollinger was crisp and precise, but with ample body, while the Comte showed more bready richness with a tart lemon twist. I couldn’t pick a favorite and am glad to have both in the cellar.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#880 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » December 1st, 2019, 7:56 am

Had some falmet terra last night which was beautiful; precise with nice acidity.

Merrill Lindquist
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#881 Post by Merrill Lindquist » December 1st, 2019, 10:18 am

The holiday created 2 "Champagne Sundays" this week. Lady Sapphire and I are lazy this morning: she is sleeping beside me as I sip a Delamotte. This is a basic Champagne, but it never disappoints.
Merrill

Benjamin H.

#882 Post by Benjamin H. » December 4th, 2019, 2:58 pm

POMMERY CUVÉE LOUISE BRUT MILLESIME
H o p p e r

Merrill Lindquist
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#883 Post by Merrill Lindquist » December 9th, 2019, 7:27 am

Champagne Sunday delivered two beauties: Billecart Salmon 2006 Cuvee Louis and Cuvee William Deutz Brut 1999.
Merrill

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#884 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » December 9th, 2019, 7:49 am

Knocked off a bottle of falmet terra last night; krug 167 on deck.

Yao C

#885 Post by Yao C » December 9th, 2019, 8:31 am

2011 Marie-Noelle Ledru Cuvee du Goulte Blanc de Noirs
Served just under cellar temperature; showcases massive scale and breadth - all mineral and toast - before gathering nicely to a laser-like finish that goes on and on; perfectly balanced and not at all austere, this is a gorgeous drink; good plus
C h 0 o n 6

Hank Victor
GCC Member
GCC Member

#886 Post by Hank Victor » December 9th, 2019, 10:58 am

Louis Roederer Brut Premier is so good for an entry level Champagne. Really enjoying this for < $40.
- ITB
Take a chance, Columbus did..

H V br1M@

K John Joseph
GCC Member
GCC Member

#887 Post by K John Joseph » December 9th, 2019, 11:21 am

Hank Victor wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 10:58 am
Louis Roederer Brut Premier is so good for an entry level Champagne. Really enjoying this for < $40.
Bollinger NV Special Cuvee Brut - Typical to the point of being slightly boring. Spiced apples, lemon, biscuit, hint of nuts, acid. Nothing wrong here and it's a plenty nice wine. I just feel like this wine could get lost in a crowd of champagne. I used to buy this with some regularity, but do not anymore. It's just a bit meh. 90-91.

Louis Roederer Brut Premiere - Really nice wine for the price. I think this is the 13 base? Lovely white peach and lychee profile with pie crust, citrus, and a bit of minerality. Lively and bright, but with a nice fruit profile. Hint of sweetness. Quite nice. 91-92.

So far the leaders in the club house of my "reasonably priced" champagne binge of late have to be Bereche Brut Reserve and Philipponnat Royale Reserve
J0hn-J-K4ne

Steve Nordhoff
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#888 Post by Steve Nordhoff » December 9th, 2019, 3:18 pm

At a recent Roederer dinner, in the order served:

09 Starck bottling- My 4th or 5th time with this, just seems to get better. Was brutally austere on release, but seems to have found its stride. Yellow fruit with very nice balance, not sure I would have guessed Brut Nature

Brut Premiere- very nice for an entry level Champagne. Round, polished, very friendly, but lacks some sophistication and complexity.

2011 Blanc de Blanc-mindset wise, I have been waiting to have a really good 2011, figuring it may never happen (2011s seem either light or pyrazine green). This was damn tasty. No Cristal that year, so the best Chardonnay went here and they apparently do not make a lot according to the rep. Classic blanc de blanc with white fruit, lemon, tart apple and no green meanies. Great acid, which was more pronounced than the Brut Nature despite the dosage here. Best wine of the evening not named Cristal

2002 and 2008 Cristal, side by side-the former, should have bought more, the latter, will buy more. Both of these lived up to their reputation. The 02 was flat out beautiful and a bit more ready than its six year younger sibling. The 2008 took an hour to open, but seemed to have maybe one more yet unexplored gear of density, complexity and power. The balance from nose to finish on these is close to perfect for mine. The bulk of the blend here is either organic or biodynamic and the 2012 will be all biodynamic. There is little change in the vineyard sourcing from year to year, but they do have a bit of Cumieres old vine premier cru, which keeps it from being labeled Grand Cru (like that matters much anyway).

2013 Vintage Rose-This clearly suffered from following the Cristals. Very Pinot Noir like, with berry fruit and a lot of roundness. Still quite nice.
ITB -Riverain Vineyards

Jayson Cohen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#889 Post by Jayson Cohen » December 9th, 2019, 4:09 pm

Nice Roederer line up!

Vilmart’s Coeur de Cuvee is another compelling 2011.

Josh Grossman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#890 Post by Josh Grossman » December 9th, 2019, 4:15 pm

• 2014 Etienne Calsac Champagne Les Rocheforts Blanc de Blancs
    Exactly what I look for in this type of BdB Champagne. With a low dosage of only 3 gL, this came across as stunningly sweet and decadent; probably the malolactic fermentation? That said, the nose was full of pears, jasmine, honey, and a bit of ginger--with no discernible malo tastes of butter or cream. Orange jasmine honey envelop the mouth with just barely enough acid. Nice lingering finish. Can't wait to try the '15 and '16 iterations. Not sure how this will age; doubt I have the will to find out. Should have bought more.

Yao C

#891 Post by Yao C » December 9th, 2019, 4:35 pm

Josh Grossman wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 4:15 pm
  • 2014 Etienne Calsac Champagne Les Rocheforts Blanc de Blancs
    Exactly what I look for in this type of BdB Champagne. With a low dosage of only 3 gL, this came across as stunningly sweet and decadent; probably the malolactic fermentation? That said, the nose was full of pears, jasmine, honey, and a bit of ginger--with no discernible malo tastes of butter or cream. Orange jasmine honey envelop the mouth with just barely enough acid. Nice lingering finish. Can't wait to try the '15 and '16 iterations. Not sure how this will age; doubt I have the will to find out. Should have bought more.
It sounds delicious! I'll have to go find some
C h 0 o n 6

Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member

#892 Post by Frank Murray III » December 11th, 2019, 6:39 pm

• 2015 Chartogne-Taillet Champagne Le Rosé - France, Champagne (12/11/2019)
    Bought 5 bottles, which was an error as I double ordered but glad I did. Disgorged 02/2019, mainly 2015 base, made from PN, PM and Chard, dosed at around 7 g/l. This is good. Pink/peach ion color. Mixes some light saline notes, with red fruits like strawberry and raspberry, even some nectarine, along with green apple. The acidity is present, not powerful but enough to add to the balance. I continue to enjoy the Chartogne-Taillet body of work, and this keeps that perception going.
My best wines for 2020:

My best wines for 2019:

Kindness matters.

bob parsons alberta

#893 Post by bob parsons alberta » December 11th, 2019, 9:56 pm

Feuillatte Palmes d`Or Brut. Tasted today downtown, the 2006. Curious shaped bottle indeed. Had been opened a while, barely any bubbles. Pale gold yellow, apples, citrus, floral yeasty nose. Not mind blowing but liked the gingerbread on the finish.

Warren Taranow
GCC Member
GCC Member

#894 Post by Warren Taranow » December 11th, 2019, 10:26 pm

Krug 164eme last night. When initially served too cold, the tartness dominated. Once it warmed and breathed, it ascended to divine levels. First the ginger kicked in, then citrus and orchard fruit and pain complet. Ultimately, the tart acidity offered welcome tension. This is a great wine

Tonight, another beautiful NV Ployez-Jaquemart Rosé Extra Brut. I've loved every bottle of this so far.

Cheers,
Warren
"If the only prayer you ever uttered was thank you, it would suffice."
Meister Eckhart c. 1260 – c. 1328

CT - WST

Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor

#895 Post by Robert M yers » December 12th, 2019, 10:14 am

JLee wrote:
November 29th, 2019, 12:57 pm
Recently had a mag of '93 Dom Perignon and I thought it wildly outperformed the reputation of the vintage. Thank goodness for champagne mags. I got it just a year or so ago for less the current W-S low for the 750ml so poor was the wine's reputation.
Had this about a year ago (750ml), never stored in a cellar and had zero expectations due to vintage and storage. Wine was awesome, it just goes to show that you never know.

R@y.Tupp@+sch

#896 Post by R@y.Tupp@+sch » December 12th, 2019, 7:24 pm

IMG_0026.jpg
Some brief notes and comments tomorrow.

Edit - Posted some notes in a separate thread.
Last edited by R@y.Tupp@+sch on December 13th, 2019, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Killer, Staggering, Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, Poor ®

Michael S. Monie

#897 Post by Michael S. Monie » December 12th, 2019, 7:27 pm

R@y.Tupp@+sch wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 7:24 pm
IMG_0026.jpg

I'll give you killer on the presentation alone!
The Master's gone herb picking up on the mount, cloud hidden, whereabouts unknown.

Warren Taranow
GCC Member
GCC Member

#898 Post by Warren Taranow » December 12th, 2019, 10:18 pm

Jeez Ray. That’s a killer+/staggering lineup! Well done. I’m looking forward to your notes

Cheers
Warren
Last edited by Warren Taranow on December 13th, 2019, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

CT - WST

Josh Grossman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#899 Post by Josh Grossman » December 12th, 2019, 10:28 pm

R@y.Tupp@+sch wrote:
December 12th, 2019, 7:24 pm
IMG_0026.jpg

I'm sure, knowing Roy, they are all recent and bad vintages too. Wow. I would like it if he would throw some Philipponnat, Lanson, and Ployez-Jacquemart in with the big houses just so I knew I was a fool for boycotting LVMH.

Warren Taranow
GCC Member
GCC Member

#900 Post by Warren Taranow » December 12th, 2019, 11:51 pm

I opened my first disappointing bottle of Vilmart; 2009 Coeur de Cuvée. The '08 was my WOTY despite being on the cusp of its early drinking window. I expected the warmer '09 vintage to be even more forward, but this bottle was grumpy and acerbic. I'll let my remaining stash rest a long time.

CT - WST

Return to “Wine Talk”