Traditional Hermitage recomendations

I’ve had a several bottles of Hermitage over the years that I have really enjoyed; but they are mostly either Jaboulet La Chapelle or Chapoutier Sizeranne. Can you guys recommend others that I should check out? Thanks in advance [cheers.gif]

Chave is the obvious one.

For Hermitage;
Belle
Bernard Faurie
Chapoutier
Jean Louis Chave
Yann Chave
du Colombier
Delas Feres
Ferraton
Guigal Ex Voto
Jaboulet La Chapelle
Nicolas Perrin
Remizieres
Marc Sorrel
Tardieu Laurent
Vallouit

For starters Different cuvees of Chateauneuf ;
Janasse
Rayas
Beaucastel
St Prefert
Pegau
Dom de la Mordoree
Dom de Marcoux

1 Like

Marc Sorrel

??

Wrong appellation.

Yann Chave (formerly Bernard Chave) is pretty good and won’t cost you 3 (or 4) digit prices

Correction made , Thanks.

Hermitage is really tough unless you can afford a lifetime supply of Chave. Faurie may be the best bet, but I buy a lot more Cote-Rotie and Cornas.

This is a good one …

for STARTERS “Rayas” … flirtysmile

(for starters of the violin I recommend a Stradivari !!!) [rofl.gif]

Seriously: for starters with Rayas I recommend Vin des Pays of Chateau des Tours ! [wink.gif]

(BTW: I have also a good tip for starters of Bourgogne rougeneener )

Which is a shame because those scratch an entirely different itch - though I agree Hermitage can be tough sledding.

Ned… I have to say, I really like your list of Hermitage producers, even if they are not all traditional. In fact, looking at the page for Hermitage on my website, I think it is safe to say I could not agree more!!! [cheers.gif] Learn about Hermitage Rhone Wine Complete Guide Best Wines Vineyards

Chave is the only name that matters.

I would trade at least one testicle for a lifetime supply of Chave.

Would you trade a kick to both testicles for 4 bottles of Cathelin?

There can be only one…

Only on WB…

WHO’S ??? [wow.gif]

Mine. You can remove it yourself if you like.

Or we can get this woman to do it:

Thanks guys…which from this list would you put in the “traditional” camp?

Ross… Use the link in the post Learn about Hermitage Rhone Wine Complete Guide Best Wines Vineyards … You can read detailed profiles on all the domaines on the list, and you will can see the practices of each estate

My supply of Chave is a lifetime supply by definition.