TN: 2013 Cameron Hughes Cabernet Sauvignon Lot 600

• 2013 Cameron Hughes Cabernet Sauvignon Lot 600 - USA, California, Napa Valley, Oakville (4/16/2016)
    Beautiful right out of the gate. Dark with a nose of deep Franboise, currant and blackberry. Palate shows a nice balance unheard of in a $30 cab. Tannins are deeply structured and acidity perfectly synced; an interesting mouthfeel that is textured and layered and just really quite nice. Deep dark fruits with just a hint of sweet black fruits hiding within. Finish long, bold and precise and I am glad I have more. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Great note Mike. I am sad I don’t have any!

Agreed! This is a fantastic wine at any price point. And at the $25 I got it for at my local Costco, one of the best deals I’ve seen in a long, long time.

I’ve actually had one slow-oxing all day Mike, so your note just makes me that much more excited to pour a glass here shortly.

Great stuff Cameron - please keep this kinda juice coming!

As a “Pobega” note, “right out of the gate” is assumed. :wink:

They did arrive this past week. :slight_smile:

I do have about 10 left and they are aging gracefully.
Was tempted to pull one out last night but made another choice.
Saw you original tasting note Mike on your CLONYC48 thread I believe and the good words you said about it then.

Gotta love Oakville!

Damn this is fantastic for $25. Day 2 and it’s even better with dark fruit still prominent and some tannin on the finish. Might even be better day 3, but I’ll definitely never know.

Galloni should give this a try if he awarded the 13 clos du Val 95 points initially. Not even freaking close IMHO.

So where can I score a bottle to try? Either Wine Searcher is keeping it a secret from me, or nobody has it.

Literally 1 Costco location has it here in AZ. I just keep going back and buying more - pretty sure I’m single handedly snagging 75% of what they brought in.

Happy to pop a bottle or 2 if you’re ever in Phoenix Dennis!

Its pretty much gone other than Costco’s in LA and AZ…I recommend Lot 599 Cabernet instead…https://chwine.com/lot-599-2013-napa-valley-cabernet-sauvignon/...its better juice in my opinion.

So, I clicked on the link and saw it was $23pb and added 6 to my cart. I used a code for free shipping which was accepted, but when I go to check out the price has increased to $25 which according to my chat with Andrew(good CS by him) is a sale price. How is it a sale price when the price increases? Not a big deal but I’m stuck on the principle.

Costco in mountain view had several cases of it. It was a little ripe and rich for me, but definitely on the delicious side. I’m excited to try 599.

scott

Odd…not sure why that would have happened?

Anyhow, some things boil down to style but I’m pretty confident you’ll find that wine an exceptional price at $25 no matter how you slice it. Let me know what you think…

Okay, I’ll take your word for it. 3 bottles ordered with the free shipping. Can’t go wrong with 2013, right?

Cam

Please send some of the 599 to the Costco in DE.

Thank you!

I wish I could find Cams wines in my local Costco.

How are you getting free shipping with a 3 bottle order? Is there a code?

If you’re a new customer, you sign up for the mailing list and get a code for free shipping regardless of the size of the order.

Lot 600 still available at my Costco outside Chicago. I keep on buying some every time I’m there and now starting to build quite a stash. Great weekday drinker.

If you don’t mind me asking, which one?