TN: 2012 Henri Boillot Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos de la Mouchère

• 2012 Henri Boillot Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos de la Mouchère - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru (4/3/2016)
    Very nice wine. Drank it with a PYCM St.Aubin at PDH with Mark Y. I thought this was far superior to the PYCM because the nose wasfar superior with a floral as well as a fruit component while the palate had a wonderful fruit salad with white fruit - apple and pear, and a citrus component reminiscent of pineapple.Opened up more with some air. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Opened a 2005 today and it was also excellent. A lot of similar characteristics – apple on the nose at first, sliding towards a citrus-y place with a bright refreshing palate, long and rich. Lovely wine, absolutely charming. Clos de la Mouchère delivers incredibly consistently for me, and ages wonderfully.

an annual buy for me. A Jerry Hey wine.

I found it on the “last bottle” shelf at a discount so I decided to try it since I had never had a Boillot. I was very pleased. Rebecca and I both thought it blew away the PYCM St. Aubin, which, as I look at the photo, was a 2013 Les Creots.

Moucheres is usually about twice the price of a PYCM St Aubin, however.

This.
Boillot Mouchere is a fave of mine, I wish I could afford to drink it on the regular.
Thanks for the note, Jay

Thanks. Got a few and was thinking of checking in on one soon.

Just for the sake of comparison shopping, I got the Mouchere for 25% off and it looks like it’s normally about 180% of the Les Creots, so it was somewhere between $15 and $20 more. At that price, I think it was worth the difference. I think the PYCM wines are nice, but I do not think they are as wonderful as other people seem to think. The Boillot, on the other hand, was outstanding.