Limerick Lane Release - April 25th

A January mailing lists April 25th as the Spring Release for Limerick Lane, with shipments scheduled for May 20th. I am trying to recall last year’s wines…

Furmint/Hárslevelű White
Petite Sirah (?)
Bedrock Zinfandel (?)

Anybody remember?
LL 2016 calendar.pdf (276 KB)

Oh man, it just never stops, does it.

Once and future this week, Sandlands next week, and now Limerick Lane the following with Under The Wire supposedly coming soon.

Tough part is that they’re all must buys for me (keeping Once and Future on that list, as there was no way I was missing that first release).

Better start preparing for “the talk” from my wife. Again.

if you log in to your account you can see that this release will be
2013 Rocky Knoll Zinfandel
2014 Bedrock Zinfandel
2014 Petite Sirah
2015 Furmint
2015 Rose’ of Grenache

Prices not shown

Hey Matt, where do you see that at? I’m logged in but can’t find the upcoming release info.

Wondering if they included prices…as this looks like it could be another expensive week for me.

log in, click your account, then go to Allocation History and that will show to up coming release

Pricing not listed.

Gotcha - thanks!

And yeah…bummer no pricing yet. Sure we’ll find out soon enough.

I really enjoyed the Furmint last year, and the '12 Rocky Knoll was killer.

Still sitting on most of the others.

Condolences. I definitely have a “the talk” coming my way soon, too.

Yep. It’s inevitable. Pretty sure I’ll never learn.

Wish someone would save me from myself.

Looking forward to this release. Just visited and had a wonderful time tasting and walking the vineyard. Will be up there for the HVS event as well. Hopefully I can pick up what I buy then.
Btw, when was the '12 Rocky Knoll released? It was probably last spring when I had just signed up and didn’t qualify to buy it.

Any brief notes you can share on the wines in the upcoming release, Peter?

Andrew, I did not try any of the release wines. Only bottled wines from older releases. However, the '13 1910 block is drinking very well as is the '11 Rocky Knoll. Also most of the '12s are apparently ready for prime time.

The '13 syrah/grenache was drinking pretty well a month ago. Wish I still had '13 1023 and 1910. Drank those way too young. The '12 RR zin is just so much more lively compared to the '13. And it’s tasting much better right out of the bottle than it did last summer/fall. We coravin a little to compare to other zins we open and it’s hard to beat. Looking forward to the new releases.

it is live and again shipping is a killer

How is that different from any other release from any other winery?

OK just looked, and while a bit higher, I am not shocked due to the heavy bottles (hint, hint Jake). It’s $7 more than I am used to for other, similar orders. Got to be the bottle weight.

I am still waiting to pop my 2013 Petite Sirah, 1023, and 1910 Zin. I am not really sure how much longer I need to sit on them, but the 2013 RRV Zin from a week or two ago was relatively tight for Day #1.

The Furmint was yummy last year, and I strongly recommend everything from this winery. I realize that most WB folks are already aware of the amazing level of quality in these wines, so this is nothing new.

However, considering the price of many other fine California wines, Zin hasn’t been given collective permission to exceed the cost prescribed to its lot, which I find very telling…

Ouch. Almost $8 per bottle to ship a half case to VA. I need to think about that one.

Dang really wanted to try some furmint but didnt get allocated any. Fingers crossed for wishlist.