TN: 2000 Navarro Vineyards Gewürztraminer Estate Bottled Dry

What a beautiful wine. Straw color, with spicy apple on the nose. Green apple, honey, almond, and lychee on the palate, with a perfect steak of acidity and a medium plus finish. A dry wine, but it ends with a hint of sweetness that really takes it to the next level. Just a perfectly aged wine from, IMHO, one of California’s most consistent and under-appreciated wineries. As with most Navarro’s I’ve had, this wine offered a ton of pleasure, for an insanely reasonable price.

Thanks for the note, Rich.

From time to time, I’ve tried to age a few bottles of that wine - they don’t always survive the cellar time, but those that do are lots of fun to drink.

Had the 2008 recently. Also delicious. Made me rethink gewurzt.

I was thinking the same thing when I posted on a 2004 late harvest riesling of theirs a few weeks ago. Astounding value!

Love that not John! I’ve never actually tried one of their late harvest wines for some reason?? Something I’ll definitely have to remedy soon.

Cheers!

I’m a big fan boy of Navarro. Their Gewurztraminer ages incredibly well and I’m still sipping on 1/4 a case of their 2001 Mendocino Pinot Noir ($15 retail).

A 15 year old domestic pinot for $15 that’s still drinking well.

That’s gotta bring a huge smile to your face :slight_smile: