Which split system wine cooling unit should I buy?

My old commercial split system wine cooling unit needs to be replaced and I would appreciate recommendations as to which new split system should I buy. My commercial refrigeration guy is recommending either a Vinotech or Whispercool split system. Any thoughts.

I’m a big fan of CellarPro; they have the best warranty in the business.

We have had good fortune with Whisper Cool.

Our last cellar spent a pleasant decade with its unit, with routine service checks being all it required.

We went with the same company when we built our current cellar and it’s now on its 5th year of quiet and dependable service.

Get whatever unit you can get parts for and get a service professional there to take a look at when your in a pinch… Your professional should be able to properly size whatever unit you get also.

Why a new system? The great advantage to a split system is it’s modular design.

Vinotheque/Whisperkool/Cellarcool is all the same company.

I’d recommend avoiding the branded systems if possible, the reason being is they use proprietary parts and when you have an issue you will need to get parts shipped in. If you were to have a system made from components from the commercial refrigeration world the parts are usually sitting on a shelf nearby and will significantly reduce down time and repair costs in the future.

Custom commercial system is great if you don’t mind an evaporator that looks like it belongs in a restaurant walk in cooler.

True but there are other evaporator options. It also doesn’t matter what it looks like if you can hide it behind a grill. [cheers.gif]

Kedco on Long Island fabricated by ductless split system including the compressor housing as it sits outside in the elements. Has been running without an issue for 8 plus years. I built my cellar purely for function so I actually have commercial refrigeration lights (glass and metal cover that screws over the light bulb). If you every find yourself at Kedco lemme know as I live close by and can show you my system/open a bottle

Get whatever unit you can get parts for and get a service professional there to take a look at when your in a pinch… Your professional should be able to properly size whatever unit you get also.

Anyone who’s working on restaurant systems should be able to help you out. They need them running all the time and they’re constantly opened and closed. Unless you’re going to put it in your living room, aesthetics would be secondary to functionality and reliability.

Or, unless he is married.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Much appreciated

Anybody know of a mini split ductless AC from one of the regular AC providers that can be thermostatted down to wine storage temps? I’d love to have a unit from Trane or someone like that, where I can be sure of finding service down the line when I need it.