Bill Koch to auction 20,000 bottles

… through Sotheby’s, not Christie’s or Acker or Spectrum:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-29/billionaire-koch-brother-will-sell-20-000-bottles-of-wine

I read “Bill Klapp.”

Provenance?

I think it’s a fair bet that, at this stage, they authenticity has been well-vetted.

Dang, he could have gone with Dragon 8 and become King of America!

A strong selection of the collection, keeping only the best…(23,000 bts.)

Regards, Soren.

“With around 43,000 bottles, I could not possibly consume everything in my cellar so I am delighted to offer this selection to allow collectors all over the world to enjoy the glorious moments that come with these wines,” he wrote.

Sounds like a true wine lover as well as a collector.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Sarah, I know the old saying, but I don’t get the connection here ?

• Kindly, Soren.

I know he is a political hot potato, but as a fellow wino, I bet he would be a hoot and a half to get to drink with.

I should have quoted Jay’s comment directly above, about Koch sounding like a wine lover as well as collector, in my remark. I find the Koch brothers to be objectionable in numerous way, so I meant even a jerk can have some good qualities.

From what I’ve heard, probably not. He threatened to sue Ben Wallace over The Billionaire’s Vinegar, even though he (Koch) was kind of a hero in there.

For any more details we can continue this in Politics or IM so the thread doesn’t get moved but from what I’ve heard he’s the one Koch brother who is not politically involved. though I could be confusing him with one of the others. I don’t really follow it that closely.

For those who didn’t notice, the article links to a video tour of his cellar. That 1844 lafite looks in surprisingly good shape (edit: I see now the label indicates released in 1953)

Neither do I, clearly! If I confused him/them, I apologize.

No politics for Me, Thank You.
-Soren.

Yes, it’s David and Charles that are the big conservative donors, not Bill.

I’m googling it now. It’s Charles and David who are the ones who are big in politics (and are who are usually meant by “the Koch brothers”). I got the other two (Bill and Fred) conflated in my mind but neither of them seem to be especially politically involved from my cursory searches.

Then we can all buy his wine with a clear conscience. :slight_smile:

Thanks, guys.

You guys sure know how to wrangle an invitation