2014 Myriad Cabs

Anyone have any barrel tasting notes on any?

Tasted through a shitload of Mikes Cabs a couple weeks ago when he was topping. All the To Kalon lots, Las Piedras, Las Amigas, Pellet, Weitz, Fortuna, Hossfeld, Crane, Three Twins, Kenefick. No notes but the TokB (The OG), Las Piedras, Pellet, Crane, ah hell they were all great. I’ll have to pay more attention next chance I get and jot down some notes. Palate fatigue sets in real quick when you are tasting samples at 9am.

Doesn’t the Dr. Crane offer come out about this time of year? I have not heard or seen anything so far.

The email for the Dr. Crane and Elysian just hit my inbox.

Email came today. Dr. Crane release for previous buyers is March 22nd.

Order in.

In as well!

logged in and saw my offer but now site isn’t working right.

I’m in for a few.

Order in. 3 Crane and 6 Elysian!!

Order in

Problem solved. Order in!

Order in!

6 of each. Debating if I should get magnums.

JF

Order in… One of THE orders in the 2014 vintage I wanted to make sure I secured. Myriad rocks!

Is anyone able to post Mikes notes from each wine? I can’t get back into that area on their site.

In for a few. Cutting way back on $100+ wines.

2014 Myriad Cellars Beckstoffer Dr. Crane Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley

Our block of Dr. Crane sits on the edge of an old creek bed that once carried rock and gravel from the mountainsides of Spring Mountain. Here, a perfect mix of drainage and stress produce a wine with definite “Wow” factor. Dark garnet translucently extends from the core to the rim. A signature richness of crème de cassis-fills the nose, followed by scents of crystallized blackberries, pie cherries, scorched earth and Crème Brule that leap from the glass. Healthy, impressive & blue succulent fruits produce an intoxicating multidimensional mouthfeel. If the mid pallet grabbed you watch out for the finish – it will seal the deal. Concentrated dark and red fruits from across the spectrum married with dark chocolate form a long and powerful finish that sails on, leaving echoes of exotic clove, and toasted graham cracker spice. A very impressive young wine. Decant for 4-5 hours when young or age for 8-10 years to bring out hidden nuances and layers.

100% Cabernet Sauvignon

140 cases produced

2014 Myriad Cellars Beckstoffer Dr. Crane ‘Elysian’ Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley

The Beckstoffer Dr. Crane is undoubtedly one of the finest vineyards in St. Helena, and its wines are unmistakable. This Dr. Crane blend incorporates a larger percentage of Darnajou French Oak barrels in the blend which infuses a more rounded tannin and layered structure. Loaded with river rock minerality, deep pure fruit and complexity, this vineyard has everything we look for in premium Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. Dark to the rim in the glass, this enormously concentrated wine boasts elements of crushed red and black fruits, cassis, dark chocolate and graphite. The glycerin like texture in the mid palate echoes the above notes and relays layers of fruit across the spectrum. The unreal levels of complexity really stand out as this wine flirts with finesse, power and persistence from start to finish. Decant for 6-8 hours in the first few years or hold this beauty for 8-10 years so it can release its inner core of pure Napa Valley power. Year in and year out this vineyard continues to amaze me!

100% Cabernet Sauvignon
130 cases produced

My full allocation is $3750. Yikes. Mike and Leah forgot to add lawyers fees when my wife divorces me. [stirthepothal.gif]

Debating on either getting a 3 pack or just getting the mag pairs