Scandalous!

The 2013 SQN Grenache F(emale) is in a short fat bottle while the 2013 SQN Syrah M(ale) is long and lean.

[stirthepothal.gif] [smileyvault-ban.gif] newhere [berserker.gif]

Would you prefer long and fat instead or short and lean?

Well, that should clear out the waiting list.

My wish is that wineries would keep to a uniform size bottle so ALL wine coolers would be able to accommodate them. Some wineries that have fatter bottles or taller bottles need to have more too in my cellar and it is sometime annoying when there is limited space in a 100 bottle cooler.

Agree!

Maybe it just reflects a childhood nursery rhyme, and no modern gender equality rhetoric is warranted? JS

Sinequanonwine mags are longer and fatter. :wink:

The next frontier for telling people one has SQN will be…?

Maybe it just reflects a childhood nursery rhyme, and no modern gender equality rhetoric is warranted? JS

Would Manfred know that rhyme? And didn’t the rhyme itself promote stereotypes? Come on man - gotta stay vigilant. Otherwise we might miss an opportunity to take offense over something.

I do hate the SQN bottles though, no matter what shape.

Grenache is considered a “feminine” style of grape? I always thought it was a “masculine” grape as well. I mean, just look at the name and try pronouncing it out loud. GRE-NAAAACCHHHEEE. You can’t help but grind your own teeth. Does that sound like a “feminine” grape to you? The only “feminine” grapes that come to my mind are Pinot Noir and Nebbiolo. Or is there such a thing as a “transgender” style of grape? pileon

To be honest, though, I really detest the terms being applied to grapes because as I pointed out in my recent Belle Glos PN review, a “feminine” grape can be turned into a powerhouse wine like the Belle Glos and a “masculine” grape like Zinfandel can be turned into a very soft and delicate wine.

When you meet someone and shake their hand, “Hey that’s a strong grip you have, like the guy that delivers my SQN each year…” [smileyvault-ban.gif]

You photograph yourself with at least 8 light brown post cards showing that you have paid your dues.

I send out little brown Christmas cards.

Pretty much. I always find it odd when customers brag about owning this wine or that. It’s not like they made it.

can be turned into a powerhouse wine like the Belle Glos

Had no idea that was actually wine.

You learn something new every day.

Question: How do you know if someone is on the SQN mailing list?

Answer: He will bring it up.

So that’s the 4th thing on that list behind marathon runners, crossfit training, and rescue dog owners.

There are jokes to be made about North Jersey chicks here, but for once I’ll pass.

Don’t forget being Vegan!!

1st: I guess your pronounciation of “Grenache” is with English tongue, not the French original … so not much to grind here … [whistle.gif]

2nd: Almost no grape comes to my mind which is less feminine than Nebbiolo … [wow.gif]

I have the feeling that these qualities apply to the tannin structure … and, wow, Nebbiolo can have really a lot of tannin …

The truth is somewhere in between.