Napa wineries to visit for whites?

A colleague is visiting Napa for a week in May and asked me to recommend places to visit. Her partner is a fan of red wines, so I can provide plenty of suggestions that should please him. However, she enjoys whites and I’m not nearly as well versed in those. Other than Stony Hill (which I know by reputation - haven’t ever visited), where would folks recommend for good white wines in Napa Valley?

Thanks,
Andy

Does that include sparkling wine? If so, Schramsberg.

Robert Sinskey, Mark Herold, Truchard, HdV, Mondavi, Hess and Hendry all immediately come to mind.

Right across the border in Sonoma are Scribe and Gundlach-Bundschu who both have great whites.

Smith Madrone - especially their riesling.

The thread title might want to be slightly altered. Gave me a chuckle.

another vote for HdV. great stuff.

I am not allowed? [cry.gif]

Merryvale makes a Hyde Vineyard Chardonnay that is very good. Plumpjack makes several Chardonnays and Sauvignon Blancs.and Shafer also make very good Chardonnays. Palmaz makes a Chardonnay, a Riesling, and a Muscat and it is an interesting place to visit. Chimney Rock makes several different white wines.

I guess you could say there is no shortage of good wineries making good white wines in Napa.

You’re white, you just have funny shaped eyes neener

Far Niente, Nickel & Nickel, Kongsgaard

massican

Montelena makes a Chardonnay, Riesling, and Sauvignon Blanc. I enjoyed the whites at St. Supery when I visited last year. And then there is Jarvis, but I have not been there.

How about alpha omega?

But be sure to get Jean to set you up!

Lol. Good point. Don’t visit Brown Estate.

Matthiasson makes some very nice white wine. Small producer, would need an appointment, but worth it.

Stony Hill – a true classic. Terrific whites wines that age.

Round Pond Sauvignon Blanc is delicious. Beautiful place as well

Shafer. You need an appointment but a terrific visit both for Red and White.

Stony Hill for Chardonnay
Spottswoode and Herb Lamb for Sauvignon Blanc
Reverie for Roussane