TN: 2010 Domaine Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Ruchottes

• 2010 Domaine Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Ruchottes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru (2/23/2016)
    Opened in bottle for an hour….Brilliant gold, green tinge color….buttered and oaked pitted fruit, subdued citrus, smoke, slight spearmint nose. Big one here! Needs time to unfold……really rich with GC weight….good dose of oak…vanilla and caramel cream….some burnt creme brule crust which I’d like to see mellow……yet there is plenty of citrus in there to freshen and tingle the palate….lemon/lime, green apple skin…as well as chalky and saline minerals crushed up and integrated……wonderful white flowers and spices….but seems to need some years to calm itself down…lot of roughness and clunk, especially with the wood. There is a LOT in there though….some super great flavors with intensity……if it all comes together watch out GC’s!! ++pts…could go 5 more. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Yikes. A bad review from a man whose CT average is 93+…

I was thinking the same thing, is it really a 86pt wine??

I hope not

1 Like

translation of Buzz’s note: sell, sell!

Nice note, harsh score. This would be more like 94/100 for me.

1er cru Chassagne doesn’t get much better to my palate. B. Moreau’s Ruchottes, PYCM’s Caillerets and Fontaine Gagnard’s La Romanée are the only wines that rival this cuvée for me.

And 2010 was terrific for Ramonet. Touch-wood no premox yet…

Having tasted this wine a couple years ago, I’m not surprised at Buzz’s score. On paper, in looks, etc. it should be a great wine and it does provide some glimpses of thrills but it seemed more of a promise than it was tangible.

agree–I am a huge Ramonet fan. Bought this and was a bit underwhelmed.

Different label to the wine we see down south. Irrespective of label, generally a wine from the top drawer.

Well I had a stunning bottle three months ago…

What do you guys really expect from a 6 year old bottle of Ramonet Ruchottes? Time was when people wouldn’t even look at their cases of this wine until it was age 10+… The consumer mentality that demands something different has got to be contributory to the winemaking changes that are arguably behind premox. Not looking to be polemical here, but the wine should be tight and dense right now.

the white label is the European bottling, supposedly the same as ours, though I have doubts.

do you really think we don’t know how to taste or evaluate a young white Burgundy? I have been drinking young and old Ramonet for almost 30 years. I don’t like the 10 Ruchottes.

I loved the 2011 last year. It was drinking pretty much as well as one could hope for and at 90 euros at a restaurant in Helsinki (of all places) a pretty good deal actually.

Interesting, going back through my notes seems i was very upbeat about 2010 Ruchottes and Morgeot last year, with Euro labels.