Best QPR California rose

I’m Looking to stock up on a case of rose for the upcoming (hopefully) spring.

I love Sonoma roses, but sometimes find stuff like red car to be a bit pricy.

Anyone have suggestions on something I can buy a case of for say $250 or less shipped to Chicago?

Check out Shane Finley’s Ma Fille.

PEDRONCELLI Zinfandel Rose “Dry Creek Valley”

$11-$13 - best value Rose in California -

the winery has been around for awhile and doesn’t add the usual extra $10 a bottle for ego -

Folks love Stolpman’ Grenache Rose - I believe it’s $18 per. That might work.

Cheers!

Cep is pretty good every year

FIFY

Copain

At that price I find Ojai Vineyards to be very reliable producer. Zippy and crisp. More watermelon than cherry.

Briceland

EDIT: Should be just under $250 for a full case, shipped. Not on the cheaper side for rose, but worth it.

Cep (Peay)
Zepaltas
Vaughn Duffy
Bedrock

Dehlinger makes one some vintages which is released in the Spring at $20/bottle, with a 10% discount for a case purchase.

+1
I’ve heard Larry at Tercero makes a nice one as well.

If you like a fresh strawberry style rose then check out Pisoni Lucy, $19 a bottle

Fisher

I’ve also enjoyed Eric Kent’s version, mostly Syrah IIRC, the last few vintages. About $20.

Navarro’s Rosé (the Grenache-based one, not the Rosé of PN) is my favorite US Rosé and I think would be under your target. I’m not sure this year’s has been released yet.

Florida Jim (Cowan Cellars) makes a great one for $15ish and occasionally blows them out. More on the savory/food side of rose’s. The 2 best I have had from Calif. are Liquid Farm and especially the Sandhi for a bit over $20.

Best bargains in rose for my tastes though come from the south of France.

A small project worth checking out is Belharra. They made a Syrah Rosé (a barrel fermented saigné) that is hard to beat at $20:

http://belharrawines.com/shop/2015-belharra-ros-of-syrah

Awesome suggestions all around. So much to choose from!

2015 is going to be interesting in terms of amount of rose offered. It seems like while crop was large in 2014, 2015 roses are a totally different story.

I love Brooks Rose and it’s in your price point. I haven’t tried the 2015 though.

Edited: oops, didn’t read closely enough. You asked for California
But if you’re willing to expand to Oregon…