Help Me Find a North East Retailer

Between no more shipping to PA and Ian leaving Wine Library, I’m looking for another internet retailer to throw in the mix. Any recommendations?

1. Must ship to NJ or PA
  2. Large, broad selection particularly for Old World wines
  3. Consistently competitive pricing
  4. Preferably located in the Northeast for lower shipping costs/faster transit times.
  5. Good to great customer service.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

I’m sure you’ll see them mentioned a lot, but Chambers Street, Flatiron & Crush (all in NYC) are all great

Not too sure about old world, but check out Wine Works in Marlton, NJ.

All excellent suggestions - and I’ll add Ben at CellaRaiders. I’ve bought from Misson Wines also and had good experiences.

Hey Daniel - if you’re local to NJ / Philly you should shoot me a PM. There has been some informal spitballing about a GTG. Plus, we’re always looking for fellow winos to have dinner with. The more the merrier!

I’ve done a fair amount of business with Crush and Chambers Street. Both get high marks from me for selection and service. I also like Grapes-The Wine Company in North White Plains, and I have bought some good ex-cellar releases from their offerings. However, I get delivery from all of these stores in NYC so I am not familiar with their shipping policy.

Gary’s is in NJ and has some good deals on BDX from time to time.

I like Moore Brothers (store in Manhattan and also one right across from Philly in Jersey). They bring in a lot of the extremely small production old world stuff, and you can find some great deals on there (I had a wonderful bottle of $19 Trocken from there a few weeks ago).

Empire Wine in Albany NY? Not sure where they cannot ship though.

Forgot about them - and Wine Library too.

+1

Thanks all, appreciate all the suggestions. Looks like I should have a good list to get started on! Dennis I’ll shoot you a PM in the next day or two for sure.

I’m in NJ (ignore my signature!). Try GrapesTheWineCompany (NY) or Down To Earth Wines (DE) (they both ship here)

I’ll second Down to Earth, it hits all the marks you are looking for. I’ve also used Wineaccess with a lot of success too. I’m not sure how they do it but if you buy enough, usually shipping is included in the price and tax is always included. This is a great deal if you are in PA.

you should be able to find what your looking for at Garys. Ask for Rick, Rich or even Gary himself in the Madison store. They will be able to help you out… Customer service is there calling card…

Im a little biased as I used to work there…

Down to Earth is one that have used several times and very much enjoy.

It’s amazing where you can end up sometimes by staying the course, one step at a time.
Thanks guys.
sante

Do you guys have a store front or are you strictly internet?

At great risk I post this.

http://www.grapesthewineco.com/index.shtml

Does anyone know why Gary considered posting his risky?

I would assume because Dan Posner has been a bit of a controversial figure. He has very strong opinions.

Note, he and I get along famously, and I have never had anything but positive experiences with him. I, too, have been known to have strong opinions.