New Winemaking book by a Berserker - anybody read it?

I’ve been informed of a brand new book written by a Berserker, Darren Delmore: ‘Slave to the Vine: Confessions of a Vagabond Cellarhand’ - anybody read it?? Hope it comes out on Kindle, as I rarely read paper anymore…

http://www.amazon.com/Slave-Vine-Confessions-Vagabond-Cellarhand/dp/0692550631/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455665730&sr=8-1&keywords=darren%20delmore&tag=viglink22582-20

He works as National Sales Director for Tablas Creek in Paso. Good man.

Perhaps he will bring a copy or two to Falltacular this weekend?!?!?

He’s been at the last few Falltaculars.

Thanks fellas! Todd the Kindle version will be out soon, paperbacks just out now on Amazon and I will try to bring a few down to Fallatacular this weekend (author copies are en route). Doing this all grassroots style so any Berserker love will go a long way!

If anyone is interested in what it’s like to live and work on the Hirsch vineyard (circa 2007), or do harvest in Humboldt and even for Randall Grahm at the Doon (circa 2003), Slave to the Vine has something for ya.

Sweet - who wants 'em?? I’m gonna wait for the Kindle version, probably :slight_smile:

What a great accomplishment to be published, Darren. Well done.

Rumor is that there will be 2 copies in Saturday’s silent auction inside the garage. One to bid on its own and the other alongside the mag of 2003 Tablas Creek.

Can you take a phone bid right now!!!

Purchased. You have an entertaining writing style, looking forward to reading it!

Ordered - sounds like a great read.

Will get one on Kindle for sure.

I’m in, sounds interesting. Can I purchase the E-Book to read on my ipad?

Phone home, ET. Puedes competirlos en el Sabado!

Where in Humboldt did you do your harvest?

Well done mate
I ordered a few copies
I will read with pleasure
MT

Twelftree, I’ve got four juicy diaries from my tour of duty at Two Hands for the sequel. Thanks for the support!

Andrew, you’ll especially dig the book - I worked for Tasha at Whitethorn 2001-2003, which paved the path for my move to David Hirsch’s property for 2007 and '08.

E-version will hopefully be up by Friday night.

Thanks everyone - every moving copy helps!

Still no Kindle version :frowning:

Kindle me!!!

Just got my copy in the mail today. Darrio (what they called him in the Bonny Doon cellar) and I worked a crush together back in '03. I’m very interested to see how he felt about the experience, and happy to support a fellow traveler.

Good press today in the New Times SLO Weekly:

Don’t worry Ian, I thinly disguised you as a 4 foot Vietnamese chick that interned in the lab and ran juice samples all harvest at the Doon. A bit part at best!

You can buy the book here: http://www.amazon.com/Slave-Vine-Confessions-Vagabond-Cellarhand/dp/0692550631/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456434186&sr=8-1&keywords=Slave+to+the+vine