Dinner Party at Napa Winery

A friend is going to be in Napa for his 40th birthday party. He asked me if I knew of any Napa wineries that would host a dinner of around 12 people. I don’t - any suggestions? A search turned up some venue recommendations for weddings, but I didn’t see anything on this smaller scale.

Thanks.

I don’t know for sure, but since Phelps remodeled their tasting facility, they might be doing this sort of thing. I know that they added a kitchen.

Because wineries aren’t really in the wine business. They are in the food and entertainment business. Not trying to be crass but tell him to go to a restaurant.

I have been to dinner and dinner parties at: Corison, Freemark Abbey, Scott Harvey, Pedroncelli, Falcor and Dry Creek, to name a few. Some places have to cater, while others have on site facilities for cooking. Some have dinner in their barrel rooms and tasting rooms and others let you dine outdoors. You will probably get many good suggestions here. Call around.

B Cellars might do this type of thing. Went to a 40th bday cave dinner at Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars a few years back - I suspect it was north of $300/per person. Personally, I would go to a restaurant as that gives much more freedom over the menu, wines but that I get the request.

Remember Oddball from Kelly’s Heroes? “Always with the negative waves!”

Check Merryvale. In their Cask Room they do this (ir did do this) - thought not sure for small parties such as 12. Incredible room and neat experience.

Reverie may be another.

Long Meadow Ranch could be a decent option. I believe they offer private lunch/dinner at their Mayacamas estate. Should run you about $125/pp.

Clos Pegase?

I hope his 40th birthday is at least 6 months out so he has time to:

A. Find a winery that will serve food for that size group at a price acceptable to the group
B. Find that winery that is available on the date(s) he is here
C. $$$$

I think it’s a great idea, but it’s not like making dinner reservations.

Napa Vintners has a listing of wineries that do special and private events

Pine Ridge Vineyards - I have been a member for many years and their wines are excellent and I have always drooled over their meals; I’m pretty sure they could accommodate such an occasion (they have a resident chef and dining facilities).

I wouldn’t blindly trust this list, I can’t imagine Seavey doing many private parties.

If arriving by helicopter I’d go for the Eagle. Seriously though my brother in law went to something like this at Conn Valley and they had the “Todd” for entertainment. [worship.gif]

FIFY

Second on Pine Ridge, Hess might do it also plus they have the amazing art collection.

Just to add wrt Pine Ridge, their estate-bottled Cabs (Rutherford, Stag’s Leap, Oakville, Howell Mountain) are SUPERB and their bordeaux blends (meritage) are nothing to sneeze at either - I like their Onyx quite a lot. Most are big and structured enough for the long haul.

On the low end of not cheap, though.

Ladera

Reverie used to offer that service in their wine cave. Its a beautiful setting.