Blankiet-Anyone jumping in?

I received my annual offering of Claude’s wines this past week. I’ve seen very little chatter here regarding this release and wondered if others were jumping on board or were financially fatigued given the release of so many great wines in the past 30-45 days. Looks like his wines were very well rec’d by critics albeit I’d by them either way. A really nice guy and some great juice.

I bought. Our visit to the estate last summer made me a fan. Gorgeous, age worthy Napa wines that are not in the bigger is better camp.

If you don’t need your entire allocation, I’m happy to share :slight_smile:

I’ve been on the waiting list for almost 2 years and would be delighted to have an offer.

Bought my allocation. Love the wines and the experience visiting. The Prince of Hearts label is one of the best second labels although I liked it more when it was $60.

Bob

What’s the new price on the Prince of Hearts?

If I remember correctly, it was $80 plus tax and shipping

Bob

Andrew- the POH is $200 per 3 pack when released to the mailing list then $80 in the tasting room.

We tasted the 13’s in November. They are outstanding. Best Prop red and Rive Droite that I’ve ever tasted. Love what Denis Malbec and Claude are doing. I am really cutting back on Napa wines over $100 but this won’t be one of them.

cheers

I’m in!
Had the 2012 Estate Red wine last night and it was gorgeous. Love these wines!

I have been buying for years and I can’t imagine 2013 being the year I stop, but as with many the price increases have made purchases smaller and not sure how long I can keep riding this wave. Is the enjoyment still there when you struggle to hit the “purchase now” button.

This is not a Blankiet issue, but an issue overall that I know a large number here suffer. In 2013 the year to play the QPR card and cut the cord?

Having said this Claude has always been one of the most responsive and gracious gentlemen in the industry and has garnered much more than average stickiness.

I am in for the Prop Red and the Rive Droite (which is my favorite) but left the Mythicus as I am not a fan of single bottle allocations and it crossed the $200 mark. Also wish listed some more RD.

Love the wines and will be visiting there next week - which we always enjoy. Good alternative and similar style to Kapscandy - if those have gotten too pricey for you. Similar style - though a bit softer and a little easier drinking. Agree with the above poster - the P of H for $200/3 pack is one of best deals in Napa.

Will be there on Thursday although I don’t think they are pouring the 13’s yet. I actually might buy some more 12’s

Boy, this is a name you heard a lot about six or seven years ago and not so much now.

What’s really interesting about that point is the wines have never been better. They really are world class wines. Yes, they are pricey but at the top of the spectrum for me.

Carlos- shoot Claude a note if your interested in trying the 13’s. We had a great time during our visit in Nov.

How do you shoot him a note??? You must have special powers [welldone.gif] When I made the reservation last week with Linda she said she did not think they were pouring the 13’s yet crossing my fingers. When I tasted the wines there last year I thought the Mythicus was the best of the bunch barely beating out the Merlot then the Prop red. slightly behind that.

C- will shoot you a pm. The 12 Mythicus was incredible. One of the top wines of our trip last year. I went back and fourth between it and the 13 prop red as the best wine. glad i got them both.

This is one I buy consistently, and I went heavy this year because of a vintage 2013 daughter (an excellent growing season on the East Coast). I’m fairly confident they’ll be there for her when she’s old enough to appreciate them.

That was really my point of the post. The wines are really good, they are well rec’d by all that buy them but unlike many other wines of similar pedigree you rarely hear much or see much posted here. As a caveat I consistently hear of the great hospitality offered when visits are made to the winery.

They also forced people to buy the merlot in order to get the cab, as I recall, which pissed off a lot of people. There were posts on that here or on eBob some years back.

I’ve been purchasing for eight years and haven’t been forced to buy the Merlot in order to have the Propriety Blend, though I would say that I find their merlot phenomenal.