Myriad on Deck.

2014 Myriad Cellars Syrah Release
New: 2014 Myriad Cellars Sangiacomo Vineyard Syrah, Petaluma Gap, Sonoma $46 26 cases produced
New: 2014 Myriad Cellars Halcon Vineyard Syrah, Yorkville Highlands, Mendocino $45 44 cases produced
2014 Myriad Cellars 100% Whole Cluster Las Madres Vineyard Syrah Esther Block’, Napa Valley $46 50 cases produced
2014 Myriad Cellars Sugarloaf Mountain Vineyard Syrah, Napa Valley $45 90 cases produced
2014 Myriad Cellars Las Madres Vineyard ‘Esther Block’ Syrah, Carneros $45 91 cases produced
2015 Myriad Cellars McGah Family Vineyard Semillon, Napa Valley $26 110 cases produced
2015 Myriad Cellars Tofanelli Vineyard ‘Old Vine’ Semillon, Napa Valley $26 45 cases produced

February 23.

Opened up a 2012 Sugarloaf (non-wc) last week, so good. I’m not a huge Syrah guy but dang, Mike’s are awesome and they seem to get better with every vintage. Definitely in for some of the 2014s, very excited to try the new vineyards.

Just opened a 2012 Las Madres 100% whole cluster. Still breathing but it is fabulous.

The Sangiacomo Syrah rocks. Have a Halcon sitting that I just might pop if I ever get out of the hospital.

Sounds like a great bottle, hope you’re out soon man.

Loved last year’s whole cluster and Esther block Syrahs. Will be in again.

Order in.

After this and Bedrock, I’m getting thirsty from readings the notes.

Purchased my entire allocation - 33 bottles. No-brainer.

Can someone speak to the style of the myriad syrahs? Is there a difference in style between these and the Quivet syrahs (and Cabs for that matter) ?

I am new to the mailing list. Do I have a prayer of getting any next week when they open it up?

Similar styles.

Don’t miss the Semillon, it is killer!

last was the first year for me and one syrah was left and the whites.

I left some for you, Chris. Good luck. [cheers.gif]

Looking forward to the new ones. I love these syrahs, especially the whole cluster ones.

Joined the mailing list last year and have only had the cabs, but they were stunning: amazing color, great concentration, and wonderfully complex flavors.

I was so taken aback that I got to wondering about their vineyard and cellar practices. I couldn’t find much on their site. Are fermentations uninoculated? Are the fields dry farmed, organic, and/or biodynamic? Are there any additives in the wine, outside the usual suspects (e.g. sulphur, water, fining agents). I don’t want to start a debate about the merits of any of these approaches, I was just curious as an additional data point.

If anyone can chime in, thanks in advance.

Mike’s a very responsive guy. If you have questions about his practices, you’d probably be best to just shoot him an email.

Andy

Fo-fo-fo, like the 83 Sixers.

Ballllla alert! [cheers.gif]

I also bought Piper and Sens3s today. Hopefully that’ll be it for a while.

In for a few. Wish I could buy more. The whole cluster Esther block from last year’s release was great.