Fairchild GIII Offering sold out in 3 hours. Who else sells out that fast?

Kudos to Larry and his team! There aren’t many wines that sell out their releases in a matter of hours. The only other First Come First Served offerings I can think of off the top of my head that sell out that fast are:

Realm
MacDonald

Anyone know of any others that get snapped up fast?

Funny, I’m on all 3 lists, and got mine for all 3! :wink:

Not sure how many are out there like this?

+3

grouphug

Not a badge of honor in my book for any winery with a mailing list model to sell out in 3 hours…I appreciate the producers that make allocated offers in waves to give previous buyers ample time to make a purchase…I guess there could be exceptions, new producers for one

I actually agree with your statement. In the case of MacDonald and Realm, have switched or about to switch to a fixed allocation period. Most wineries with good customer service (certainly the 3 mentioned in this thread) are quick to switch over once they realize that demand has increased substantially. It’s usually for that reason, that they want to make sure they take care of their past purchasers.

Makes sense to take care of you previous buyers while at the same time getting new customers. Perhaps a hybrid where there is a guarantee period for previous buyers, and also a first come first serve period for new/not yet on the mailing list buyers. Takes care of existing customers, yet creates a buzz for new folks.

How many cases were made of this wine?

250 IIRC

This is by far my favorite of their wines. I love Stones 2, but I’m not that patient :wink:

Wow! Lesson learned - I was preparing to buy today, but looks like time was of the essence! Congrats to Larry - guess I will have to be patient and wait for Sigaro / Stones…

Is Macdonalds any good?

I suspect that Manfred’s first Next of Kyn offer is in contention for fastest to sell out. Happened in minutes, not hours, but I don’t know how large the list was.

Bear.png

Sandlands sells out quickly. A previous thread for a release noted 6 hours to sell out of several wines. I don’t know what production numbers comparisons are, however…

Big +1. First come, first served is really tough way to go for customers. Seems like a hard way to make customers as a whole happy and should be avoided.

Yep, I forgot about that - I think the response time had to be in under 10 minutes after the email hit.

Maybe my memory is crap but think I received the first NOK offer via US Mail. I passed as my palate moved away from huge wines. Can’t recall the offer details for certain.

waited till I got home from work to order and all gone. Hopefully will still have an opportunity for the next wave

Bob

Aerosmith, the Rolling Stones, the Who…

Seriously, I thought Maybach did, but then the magnums that were supposedly sold out by 10 AM were granted to some wishlisters over the next few days.

It was actually frustrating because I received an email, it specified the range of dates, and then I was under the impression there is a ‘glitch on the website’ (on 2-11), which could happen. Then, seeing the allocations for sale on CC, and this thread showed I was not fast enough (again). Still waiting for a confirmation it did ‘run out’ from the vineyard (sent the email few days ago before I saw the thread. When I saw the thread, I noted in a follow up it might be moot)

Lesson learn-- maybe in the future. Or maybe it was a sign I should not purchase at this price without tasting first. Oh well…

Interesting how some of these producers go in and out of fashion and in and out of (crazy) demand. The VHR release happened this past week and 4 days later they aren’t sold out. I have no doubt they will sell out … their wines are beautiful. Note: Week 1 goes to previous list buyers. Week 2 goes to new list buyers. If they don’t sell out in week 2 I’ll be shocked.

3 hours versus a week … if you are in the market for super high quality >$150 Napa cabs there are plenty of options available. Or maybe some are better at managing their lists than others! Regardless, there are far too many for any one person to buy them all. This week alone I’ve passed on Bond, Cimarossa and VHR … all make excellent wines (yes at different price points). Too many great options.