Bedrock Spring Release?

Any news on Bedrock’s spring release? I think I’ve usually got a “save the date” notice by now, and it’s usually in February, correct? Just curious, as I was placing other orders today (Herman Story) and realized I hadn’t heard anything about Bedrock yet. Wanting to make sure I wasn’t missing something.

I just looked back at the last four Spring releases that I have emails from and they were dated
2/17
2/18
3/6
3/8

So sometime in the next month.

Just got the save the date… Feb. 23!

Me too, it’s like Morgan is inside my head. neener

2/23 sounds more like a winter release to this northeast coast wino … [cheers.gif]

He must have read this thread.

So now we need some notes, right Morgan?

I will be in deep for the Rose, not sure about the rest. I am trying to downsize the cellar but I need the pink for the summer.

Curious - What are the few other jewels in between?

I am guessing a cab maybe, but Morgan has been known to spring something out of left field now and then.

Anyone know anything about the Alder Springs?

I bought some of the '12, but haven’t tried it yet. Here are his notes from that release.

2012 Alder Springs Syrah, Mendocino: Much has been said about this remarkable site in the far northern reaches of Mendocino County. Located one ridge in from the Pacific Ocean the vineyard is planted on steep slopes of decomposed sandstone. It is a remarkable terroir farmed by the lovingly maniacal Stu Bewley. Though we started working with the vineyard in 2011, the fruit that year came in on November 1st and finished at under 11% alcohol due to the incredibly cool year (and an indicator of the sites extremity). The 2012 is one of my favorite, and certainly on of the most age-worthy, Syrahs we have made. Vinified with 80% whole-cluster and 3% cofermented Viognier. $39

Thanks Michael. So Syrah then, don’t remember that one from the last time it was released. I’ve had Alder Springs pinot from Rhys (Alesia) and Chardonnay from D&R so will be curious to try some of the Syrah. I’m sure Morgan will stop by and give us some info on what else he is thinking of putting in this offer.

Is it time for someone to click his/her heels together, or do a “Twain” Dance? :stuck_out_tongue:

Morgan, any MAGS flirtysmile this time

I saw on Instagram that they were waxing mags of Lulu so there will be at least that if not others.

Betelgeuse…Betelgeuse…Betelgeuse…

C,mon Morgan

Wheres the notes please

I prefer Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice (or does that just make 2004 Burgundy appear?)

Unfortunately I do not have all the notes written yet but I can tell you that the release will have the following wines. I am pretty pumped on the release as it has a nice diversity of wines ranging from eminently slurpable to ones that will reward some aging.

2015 Ode to Lulu Rose, normal size and magnum
2015 Abrente Albarino
2015 Sonoma Valley Sauvignon Blanc
2015 Staves of Waidhofen Sauvignon Blanc, a small cuvee composed entirely of wine aged in barrels from the pretty amazing Stockinger cooperage in Waidhofen, Austria
2014 Nervo Ranch Heritage Wine
2014 Papera Ranch Heritage Wine
2014 Limerick Lane Zinfandel
2014 Weill a Way Mixed Blacks
2013 Alder Springs Syrah
2013 Bedrock Ancient Vine Syrah mags (only 35 cases made so wish-list only)

I will post notes when I finish writing them, sorry to be a bit slower than normal on this!