Crow on Deck

2013 release coming early March. I wonder if they’ll offer magnums again like last year or if it will be back to 750s only. The email did suggest that the yields were negatively impacted by the earthquake that caused a few barrel losses.

Has anyone heard how these compare to the 2012s? Who’s buying / who’s passing?

In

I’m in…Anyone know what Parker scored the '13

Per the offer email:

Last, but not least, we bestow massive congratulations and gratitude upon our Master Magicians, Winemaker Celia Welch and Vineyard Manager Mike Wolf, for creating a vintage which has, once again, commanded a score of 100 points from Robert Parker.

in
I wonder what allocations will be like.

When will the first wave get its offers (curious how far down the list I am)?

I’m going long…and wide. :slight_smile:
Not!

Never been bitten by the Scarecrow bug. I think it’s a winemaker style thing. Anyway, I hope you all get what you want when offered.

Cheerios!

I think I missed the '08 and haven’t been offered since. I knew their policy was to move you to the back of the line if you skip a vintage, but I wouldn’t have guessed a 5+ year wait to resurface. I still get the annual ‘offer is coming email’. I guess attrition is low.

Been in since 05. Can’t stop now!

In for whatever I get offered, and if history is any indication that will be 3 bottles.

I hope that there is no price increase!

Will buy what is offered, same hope here that price is at the same level as last release. Beyond last year, 3 bottles has been the norm and with less juice I expect it to be just that.

I’m finding it tough to justify forking over $300/bottle (technically $302/bottle including the shipping fees for that wooden box) when there’s so much good juice at the $50-$125 price point. I ask myself “would I rather have one bottle of Scarecrow or two bottles of Horsepower?”

On the fence right now…

Is this a wave offering? I have seen that some people got offers this week. I got an email back on Jan 13 simply saying:

“Our protocol email regarding the 2013 Scarecrow release will be sent to you at the end of February.”

Does that mean I’ll get an offer? Or simply an email at the end of February saying maybe next year?

The price tag is steep but if there was ever a time to buy, I wold imagine that 12’ and 13’ are both those times. I’ll be splurging.

Me too, but my spidey senses tell me that there will be an increase. I bought for the first time last year and I hope I don’t get bumped.