Recommended wineries near St. Emilion

My wife and I will be spending several nights in St. Emilion in April. What right bank wineries in the area make for the best visits/tastings?

This page should help you with most of what you need to know about St. Emilion. Learn about St. Emilion, Best Wines, Chateaux, Vineyards, Character

John – we hired Henri CHALLEAU for the two days we were there. It was well worth it. He set up everything and the tastings were just us. Here is his contact info. I made the arrangements via email. Henri was great and easy to work with. He came highly recommended from others on this board.

Bordeaux Wine Travel
85 rue des Pelourdes
F-33300 BORDEAUX
Tél: 0033 664 653 852

contact@bordeaux-wine-travel.com

Thank you both for the suggestions.

+1 Henri Challeau

Angelus. Wines are amazing.
I’m also a big fan of Fleur Cardinale, Dominic and his wife and lovely.

John – great wine shop in St. Emilion is La Grande Cave. 6 Place du Clocher.
They had a very deep inventory and were easy to work with for shipping everything back.
You don’t pay the 20% VAT if you ship to US - so that more than covers the shipping if you buy a case. Also - they fit 15 bottles into a case. Ask for Morgan.

Thanks again for the comments. If we were to add one or two Pomerol wineries to the visit, any recommendations?

A friend recently started this website as well:

As I have read more, it seems that the Pomerol wineries are not terribly visitor friendly. Are there any that are open you have enjoyed?

We really enjoyed ch Canon on our visit. We had a tour guide but they seemed very inviting for English speakers. Figeac was also good.