One seriously weird Tasting Note

Just bought a few bottles of 1989 Prieure Lichine, and decided to check out Cellar Tracker. Notes were a little mixed, but this one really stood out:
8/9/2012 - BASQUEY WROTE: NR
Like the transient, transcendent beauty of the Iguazu falls; the stunning power of the almost alien Dettifoss; And the clay chalk bite of the Jim Jim, this wine also joins the ranks of those waterfalls, except the only similarity is that it is falling liquid over rock, and by falling I mean it HAS fallen. And by rock I mean its taste on the palate. Definitely fallen over, into what appears to be a floating barn. Maybe it’ll survive the fall and start swimming again? Maybe, maybe. Maybe one day you’ll rise up out of this body and take flight as the Cosmic Human? Maybe. Maybe one day you’ll fall over. Think about that.

I will be picking up the wine this week, and tasting it next. I have to say, based on this one note, I cannot wait.

[beatoff.gif]

FAIL! No points.

There were a lot of sanitary problems in the chais of Left bankers in 1989. Ducru dealt with TCA. Prieure Lichine dealt with Peyote.

You might want to be under medical supervision when you drink your bottle of that, Mark, so you don’t wake up two days later in a convenience store outside of Binghamton in nothing but your tighty whiteys.

[rofl.gif] [welldone.gif]

Barn? I’m all over that outhouse!

Did Bill Walton write that?

How did you find my police file from grad school?

“Jim Jim”? Pretty cosmic…

As a side question, does the owner/Cellar Tracker have copyright on the note, and did I infringe it?

My Top 5 (x-1989 Prieure Lichine note) from Basquey:

1. it dances on the palate like a split personality pin ball machine
  2. Smelt like spicy curry made in a mud bath on a farm
  3. Stanky and skanky like a good walk downtown late at night.
  4. The sensuous cassis spice of Baphomet’s mouthwash takes root in empty tooth cavities and guides the tongue serpent in an astral taste travel spanning several lifetimes.
  5. This one resembled GOD’S URINE, because I’m sure he’s got weird wees

Apart from these classics there are a few phrases that make me think the guy shouldn’t be drinking…

I suppose he could be one of those infinite monkeys typing away trying to write Hamlet, and could have struck lucky a few times.

I have to say, he is brilliant. Love the allusion to God’s wee.

It’s possible cellartracker has actually become sentient and started to post its own tasting notes.

Reading through his 12 note library one concludes that he does get the point across for most of the wines reviewed. Even if “(he) took the one less travelled by, And that has made all the difference.”

So am I mistaken or is that a negative review? It certainly doesn’t make me want to buy, but then I have a concrete imagination.

Maybe you just have to ask yourself if you like older Bordeaux? It may be a wine that is not for everyone…but when I opened a bottle back in Aug/Sep it commanded everyone’s attention.

That’s fine, but it would have commanded even more attention if you posted a hilarious and only marginally comprehensible note about it. This guy makes me wonder if my notes are too dry.

I believe his bottle underwent the very rare malo-lysergic fermentation.

Contender for post of the year.