2013 Outpost Cab Release

Any Outpost fans out there? Not sure I have any money left after last week’s Saxum release but I may have to make some room on the credit card for some 2013 cab:

2013 True Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, 99 pts RP ($125)
2013 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, 95+ pts RP ($85)
2013 True Vineyard Immigrant, 94 pts RP ($95)

Oh well. More money down the toilet. I’m trying to cut back, but I will buy a few.

Had to show restraint, too many offerings in the queue – picked up only a couple of the TRUE, reasonable value for $125 per bottle.

In for a few of each.

Does anyone know if the True Vineyard wines are available to new mailing list members, or are these reserved by seniority?

In for 6 True !

Chris, I was new a year ago and got the offer. Guess you should try…

I’ve had all three – tasted at the winery first. Have had one of those 99 point True Cabernets at home. All three wines are resting in my cellar. All three are exceptional. One better than the next. I bought more a couple weeks ago. I’ll probably buy more. That good.

2013 Cabernet Winter Allocation
We continue to be humbled by the response to our releases and we thank you for your continued support of Outpost Wines.
We have sold out of our 2013 Outpost True Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon but do have limited amounts remaining of our 2013 Outpost Estate Cabernet Sauvignon and 2013 True Vineyard Immigrant.

Please contact KC or Brent at info@OutpostWines.com or (707) 965-1718 if you have any questions or need assistance with your order.

We hope you enjoy Outpost Wines as much as we enjoy making them.
Cheers,

The Outpost Team

Well deserved. Always excited to grab a few of these, although they will likely need some time in bottle.

How did the Estate compare to the True Cabernet?

The Estate is exceptional Napa Valley wine, but the True is up there in rare air. You’ll never be unhappy with the Estate, but the True will blow you away every time.

I know that Parker has always loved these wines, but I always find his scores super out of character for him, especially the Napa Cab. The Zin, Grenache and Cab are definitely wines of elegance and beauty, and are easily among the best buys in all of Napa. FWIW, I preferred the Immigrant to the True Cab.

Great people too, and one of the best places in Napa to visit.

But you have to know the secret entrance password.

I agree with you on the wines, especially the zin. I had a 2004 last month and it was absolutely stellar. Surpassed perhaps only by the 1974 Ridge I had in the early 1990s. They are also great right out of the box, so to speak.

AND I am drinking a 2007 True tonight. I will report back.

True is gone, sold out yesterday. May be a couple of Immigrant and reg cab left…

It looked like the True sold out by mid-day central time.

Had their 04 Grenache last year that was exceptional.

been a buyer since 2006. love the location, love the people. picked up 4 True, 3 Estate, and 1 Immigrant.

We are headed to Napa in a couple months and interested in visiting outpost. Is it difficult to set up a tasting there?