Can you suggest where to do this?

Dear All,

due to family reasons, I need to sell some of my bottles from my private collections; can you suggest some websites or other places on the web where to do this? I want to avoid Ebay and similars because I’d like that those pieces will go to real wine lovers (I’m talking about bottles aged over 40-50 years: Barolo, Brunello, etc. etc).

Grazie!

Try K&L, check out their website.

Commerce Corner

Benchmark Wine https://www.benchmarkwine.com/

Blicker Pierce http://www.bpwine.com/

Are two I am familiar with and confident in.

That would heavily depend on where the wine is being sold/shipped from. If you are in Italy, your target is Europeans, and places like K&L would make no sense.

Yes, where is the wine? And do you want to sell it yourself ( through Commercr Corner, for ex) or have someplace like an auction house do it?

If it’s your 1941 Lambrusco, I think it might be a challenge.

I believe he lives in Italy, that is my impression from his postings on another place.

Why John?

Guess my suggestion is mute if he lives in Italy. Would a 41 Lambrusco still be drinkable; I’d think it would be worth more as a conversation piece if it is a heirloom? But, that’s a personal judgement.

Viscardo, you should look into the laws for private parties selling alcohol. In America, it’s actually forbidden without a liquor license. Is there a reseller / consignor or an auction house that you could send your wine to?

Moot. Sorry, the Grammar Gene went into hyper mode when I saw that so don’t take it personally Rick. Mute means silent; moot means questionable or debatable. And you aren’t the first one I’ve seen make that exact mistake.

If it’s any consolation, your avatar is one of the funniest here.

deep punt and long cork?

I know for a fact that there are wine stores in Geneva that would buy high end wines. Mother sold a few there when she lived in Basle.

Thanks to everybody!

This is a little part of my collection, I post the picture only because I’m a bit bored about some replies…check it out babies:

Francois could drink it!

Viscardo, Chambers Street Wines buys a lot of private collections, mostly Italian. You should give them a call. https://www.chambersstwines.com/

Likely moot unless he does it silently. [snort.gif]

Well, you are getting vague or humorous posts because your OP was vague. How much wine? If you’re selling a few cases Commerce Corner is a good place. If you’re selling 10 cases, then you are in a different league and can only use auction houses but you will pay a large premium. You did not say if you are in the US or outside or in what state as rules for this are different and selling a large amount by yourself without covering the tax issue could get you in big trouble. KL is a good place to just sell bottles but it would take a while because they will want to examine the bottles, know the provenance, etc and this takes quite a bit of time. I sold KL my Dad’s collection in 2006 and it took about 3 months for 50 cases. (Had no choice in the sale because he failed to include it in his trust so it went to probate, keep this in mind older folks with expensive collections) Looked at auction houses but the premium was huge and a $40,000 collection is not big by their standards. Stay away from the online auction houses as they want a large premium from buyer and seller and I no longer trust any of them as I have had bad experiences with most of them except KL. Morrell in NY may also be willing to buy some of them as they are trustworthy.

By the way the Facebook page to which you referred must be private because no one else can look at it.