Who is your favorite taster amongst these Top 20 CT tasters

What, honestly, best describes your feelings about YOUR candidate?

• 1. Richard Jennings
  • 2. Eric
  • 3. Jeff Leve
  • 4. Keith Levenberg
  • 5. wineismylife
  • 6.Paul S
  • 7. Burgundy Al
  • 8. Ben Christiansen
  • 9. zweber
  • 10. Keith Akers
  • 11. wine strategies
  • 12. Frank Murray III
  • 13. Loren Sorkin
  • 14. drwine2001
  • 15. salil
  • 16. fingers
  • 17. touche
  • 18. finare vinare
  • 19. dcwino
  • 20. Jermey Holmes

0 voters

Cellar tracker list a TOP 20 tasters based on the number of fans that each taster has. I, for one, disagree strongly with some of those fans on their choice. Richard Jenning’s notes do nothing for me but he is firmly in 1st place with 1883 fans. In 4th place is my favorite taster Keith Levenberg with 772 fans. Another favorite taster of mine, Brad England, is much further down the list with 174 fans and not in the top 20. Below is Cellar Trackers Top 20 tasters based on the number of fans each has. Of, these top 20 CT tasters who is your favorite? A number of our board members are on this list and amongst my personal favs. I left off Jeb D since when went Pro and no longer post notes on CT anyway. Wish I could list at least 5 more options but only get 20 choice for a poll. Write in your favorite if you like with your comments. Edited for spelling.

GaryC318i

NOTE My poll heading is wrong because WB picked up an old poll question of mine and inserted it instead of my intended poll question. It should read… Who is your favorite taster amongst these Top 20 CT tasters?

Flawed poll. Where’s “chablis28”? He’s got 2,000+ notes on wines generally of interest to me and my tasting group. :slight_smile:

FMIII gets the nod from me. He was the first person I followed and the one that i always read notes from. He has a writing style that puts you right there in the room with him enjoying the same wine. Best note writer for me ever.

KL, Salil and Tooch.

What…no Gilded Sage??

No vote from me - I see but a fraction of notes and unlike wine fora, I don’t tend to shape any opinion of anyone’s tastes on CT (and indeed on Wine fora it’s just a few people where I feel I know what they like to any degree).

When you say “favorite taster” what are you asking? The one my plate aligns with or…?

I drink with Keith A. so I understand his palate best. I most enjoy reading Keith L.'s notes because of his incomparable writing style.

Well it could be for both of the reasons you mention or some other personal criteria. I have only drank wine with Levenberg once over dinner a couple months back but I have bought wines he wrote favorable tasting notes on too and have a sense of his palate. I agree, though his writing is very entertaining.

This is for top 20 on CT and he’ll never get there. If Siggy and Dalluge had kept the pace up of the old days they’d be in the top 20 today.

My favorite by a wide margin is lepetitchateau. Wish I knew who he/she was, I’d like to pop a bottle or two.
I also get a lot of joy (and information) from Jeremy Holmes. Love his writing style, and his drinking habits.
Stylistically, I also like folks that a) give their emotional response (the opposite of, say, Richard Jennings), and b) will as easily criticize a bottle as applaud it.
Edited to add that Richard is a great guy, I just don’t like his style of note writing. We met in 2010 on one of Roy Hersh’s week long Port and Madeira tours.

Me. My notes always nail it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not how I use CT. I have a few ‘favourite authors’ but generally just those I have met or who are friends.

I also really like notes from Jeremy Holmes. He is really the only taster I don’t know personally (which includes other favorites like Brad England, Keith Levenberg, Seth Rosenberg, Alan Factor and more) whose notes might influence my purchases or what I open.

On a related topic, I have decided to start posting notes publicly on CT this year. I used to, but haven’t for a while. So many others are useful to me, I want to try and contribute.

Leaving Jeb Dunnuck, legitimately, off the CT Top 20 List I used allowed me to include Jeremy Holmes who certainly deserves to be there too.

+1

drwine2001

Who is he/she?

Someone who post a lot of notes on CT and has a lot of fans.

Salil and Mr. Holmes. champagne.gif