Rhys drops January 19

It never ends, does it. [wow.gif]

No, it does not. But I’m in.

Just the tip.

I still havent even unpacked all the shipments I received in the fall and now in a couple weeks I have to explain to the wife why I am buying more wine.

In for the PN I’m offered, which is probably just Santa Cruz. Finally downsizing purchases this year as my wines are being moved home and I need to cut out about 100 to store everything.

Just made list!

Was offered Bearwallow Pinot, Horseshoe Chard and Santa Cruz Pinot.

For those who have been on list - how many offers have you had until you were offered the other wines?

Cheers!

Winter/Spring 2016 Offering - January 19th
2013 Rhys Horseshoe Vineyard Chardonnay
2013 Rhys Bearwallow Vineyard Pinot Noir
2013 Rhys Bearwallow Porcupine Hill Pinot Noir
2013 Rhys Santa Cruz Mountains Pinot Noir
2013 Rhys Family Farm Vineyard Pinot Noir
2013 Rhys Skyline Vineyard Pinot Noir

So what wines should not be missed this go around?

Pricing?

In checking my records, I can’t find when the 2013 Horseshoe 750ml PNs were released. Did I miss these?

Nope. Probably offered this Fall.

How do you know what you have been offered? I got the email but it doesn’t mention allocations

You will find out on release day.

Scott,
We are planning to release the '13 Horseshoe PN in June this year. That will be the last release of 13s.

Hey Kevin, what about the '13 Hillside(s)?

This got me to look up my handwritten notes from the 2013 sampler pack. Looks like the bearwallow is the only wine in this release. I skipped it last time round, but the performance of the 2013 in the sampler pack has me back in:

Dark Crystaline ruby color fades to clear rim.

Knockout (I typically hate to use that words, but it applkies here) nose of crushed cherries, rose petals and baking spice.

Smooth and quite soft on the palate. Quite dark fruits of black cherries and plum. Also cranberry and noticeable salinity. Spice on the back end and finishes just a touch disjointed.

Needs some time to knit but the best young Bearwallow i’ve seen - much more dense and layered than earlier versions.

92-94 points (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Dustin,
I misspoke above! The Hillsides will be released in August.

The 2013 Horseshoe Chardonnay not to be missed.The Santa Cruz PN mountains is good at that price $49. Nothing lesser about it to me when I tasted it. The Family Farm PN and Bearwallow PN were passes for me mainly because my emphasis is on red burg backfilling for now. Didn’t taste Porcupine nor Skyline. The Skyline has some pretty rocking reviews if you are into that, but a buck short of a $100 note so get ready to shell out.Some 375’s and 500’s of some of these are already in peoples hands so check CT notes too.

Skyline is always delicious. Always.

Pricing seems stable from the last time these wines were offered.

Does it matter? When Skyline sells for 100-bucks?

Feeling cynical today?

There are numerous options in the Rhys stable that are not as expensive as Skyline. But remember Skyline is very limited in quantity and combined with the quality of the wine, can command a premium.