2013 Saxum JBV

Popped a JBV for New Years, giving it some air. Justin put a note in the shipment to let it sit a while as he just bottled it, but I saw some folks at CT posted good notes.
I poured some in a glass and it’s cloudy, not clear. Tastes okay, big and young, but cloudy. Anyone know why it would be?

I once Pobegaed a Saxum. complete waste. I have listened to justin ever since.

Harris,

I highly doubt Justin filters his wines.

So when I go to decant I pour some in a glass and its cloudy… hours later pouring it back into the bottle it was clear… I don’t get it…

I drank straight from bottle with no decant and it was perfectly clear.

Maybe decanter was soapy or something

Boys, boys, boys. These wines deserve respect and care. Let them sleep. The cloudiness are the wines gods pissing in your glass for shaming this wine. [snort.gif]

Michael

Good point but your WOTY is the 2012 Patrina ???

What is the old story about glass houses ?

It was a 2009 Reva.

No worries, im just looking at your signature

Now dont misunderstand, i alsoi got he 12 Patrina and popped one, it is spectacular and i cant wait for the 12 Reva, ive never bought the Reva due to its high cost but tasting the 12 Patrina has spurred me on to pass on a few other lists to get the 12 Reva if im lucky to be allocated some. All teh 12’s i have had ive loved so as Reva is arguably the pinnacle of Rhone ranger wines its one that i am willing to splurge on

Alan,

First and foremost, Alban is not a ‘Rhone Ranger’ at all. Yep, they produce rhone variety wines here in the US, but the Rhone Rangers is actually an organization with a membership - and neither Alban nor Saxum have ever been members. It’s a shame since they certainly produce wonderful examples of the varieties here in the US, but alas have chosen not to join. Yep, John was a starting member of the HdR events in Paso, which certainly sit at the pinnacle of rhone tastings (with producers from throughout the US), but again, NOT a Rhone Ranger . . .

If you get a bottle or three of Reva, my advice is to lay that puppy down for at least 5 years, if not longer. AND when you do open it, give it one heck of a decant and let it sit for awhile - and enjoy over a long period of time. An 03 was one of my favorite wines ever - enjoyed slowly over a 4 hour meal.

Cheers

[quote=“Alan Eden”]No worries, im just looking at your signature

Now dont misunderstand, i alsoi got he 12 Patrina and popped one, it is spectacular and i cant wait for the 12 Reva, ive never bought the Reva due to its high cost but tasting the 12 Patrina has spurred me on to pass on a few other lists to get the 12 Reva if im lucky to be allocated some. All teh 12’s i have had ive loved so as Reva is arguably the pinnacle of Rhone ranger wines its one that i am willing to splurge on[/quote}
Thanks, I gotta change my signature.