Online Retailer BP Wine

Has anyone purchased from this online retailer; their website states:

“While we do not have a retail storefront, we cheerfully accept visitors by appointment to our office/warehouse facility in Napa, California. Please contact Stefan Blicker at 707-967-0240 to schedule a visit”.

Thanks!

I’ve only ordered from them once (they wouldn’t give a refund on a corked wine that I opened shortly after receiving) and the ordering process went fine.

They are the parent company of Lastbottlewines.com

Very often Last Bottle wines have their inventory label on them.

I have ordered from them and have been very pleased.

Top notch.

Thanks everyone!

I’ve been by their warehouse to pick up a bottle. Never any issues, top notch retailer.

They are great! I use them often if I need an older vintage. Have never had a problem and they HAVE given me a refund on corked wines in the past.

Lucky you :frowning:

+1

My experience with them when there were issues has caused me to put them on the never to buy from again list.

Just to clarify, they wouldn’t give you a refund but would give you store credit, or they wouldn’t do squat? The former is not great, but the latter is unacceptable.

Many orders with no issues. Their provenance on older wines has always been good. Stefan Blicker-the “B” in the name is a Berserker.

A fraction of the cost of the bottle in store credit $25. But I’m not really hung up on it, just not a fan of the “well it’s an older bottle” excuse for corked wines.

The ordering process and receiving the wine was nice and quick though.

+2. Same experience related to a corked wine and one that arrived with obvious signs of past leakage.

I’ve only ordered from them a few times and I’ve not had a bad experience.

What does their disclaimer state about refunds? Many rare & fine wine dealers do not take back defective bottles from the consignment / purchased cellars / grey market area of their inventory. If they purchase wines from sources that routinely replace or refund wines for damage (like corked bottles) then they probably do offer a credit or replacement.

I have found them to be a good source to back fill my cellar and to occasionally buy some other wines they offer after I verify independently that it is actually a good deal which a lot of it is. Over the past 6 years, I have noticed that Jon Rimmerman’s hyperbole is starting to rub off on Stefan as well as many other merchants. At this point, I cut and paste every offer into Google before I buy from their main site or Lastbottlewines.com web site. Not like the old days where there were a few in the business that I would trust implictly.
I have visited their warehouse and was shown excellent hospitality. Despite the caveats, I think of them as one of the better sources out there.

It’s extremely common for retailers not to reimburse customers for faulty older wines. I have no problem with that. We buy aged wines from distributors, and we can’t get credit for any of them. If we sold a case and had to replace/refund a couple of bottles, we might have lost our entire profit for the case. More than that (which wouldn’t be that unlikely), and we could easily have lost money by selling that case.

The seepage issue concerns me, though. Did you report that soon after receiving the wine? Was it not mentioned in a condition description?

I’ve ordered from this company a couple of times and everything has been great. I’ve never had a problem that needed resolution, though.

Good folks to deal with and top notch logistics as to holding/consolidating orders to make a full case - which ships for $9 to Northern CA.

$9 ground shipping in CONUS.