TN: 2000 Krug Champagne Vintage Brut (France, Champagne)

• 2000 Krug Champagne Vintage Brut - France, Champagne (12/12/2015)
    The blend is 43% Chardonnay, 42% Pinot Noir and 15% Pinot Meunier….ID 313041 2012/13 disgorgement. Last had one of these 3yrs ago which was pretty tight….this bottle is fantastic! Rich and fresh…showing the perfect balance of fresh young citrus and tertiary stage……creamy yellow pitted fruit, green apple, citrus orchard….fantastic acidity, tingly bubbles……chalky savory minerals……the mousse is airy and creamy…showing dried honey, brioche with ginger vanilla butter, smoked grey salts, truffled triple cream. Love how bright and citrusy this wine is as this stage…with the subtle aged complexities……VERY tasty! (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice work Buzz! Not a Griff’s bottle huh?

Thank you for the note and beautiful picture.

I’m happy to see you enjoyed this bottle more than I did—a recent showing for me had great Krug structure but lacked all the complexity you loved:

2000 Krug Champagne Vintage Brut

Yeasty nose of apple and brioche with lingering smokey, reductive notes. The palate shows apple and yeast flavors. The leesy notes come on quite strong. This has the structure and power you expect from Krug but at least this bottle isn’t showing the complexity I want. > (91 pts.)

Unfortunately I forgot to record the disgorgement date for my bottle.

How much variation in disgorgement dates would you see in the vintage stuff generally? Years? Months?

It depends on the producer; I don’t know what Krug does but I’ve seen producers that release additional bottles years later, while I am sure there are producers that disgorge and release all their bottles at once.

Would have been good with the fried pickles!! [worship.gif]

I have a 6-pack on order from PC, can’t wait!!

Wait! That looks corked! :wink:

Good thing I have 3 of these on pre-arrival from PC! Oh wait…

Pun intended… :wink:

Krug-in by the pool…although not yet pool weather…water 68 degrees…my youngest has already christened the new year!
Me…some feet in the water…and a cold glass of 2000 Krug in hand will do!! :wink:
image.jpg

The 2000 is delicious now. We had it alongside the 2002 on Thursday, and it was much more ready to go.

Champagne in a cab glass, is that a common thing ?

If you enjoy the aroma of champagne as well as just the bubbles, yes.

I use a slightly smaller glass (Riedel Zin/Chianti glass) but same idea.