TN: 1982 Bonneau du Martray Corton-Charlemagne

• 1982 Bonneau du Martray Corton-Charlemagne - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru (12/9/2015)
    Beautifully mature bottle of white Burgundy. There are tertiary whiffs of white mushroom and a light drizzle of honey. It has a heady scent of citrus blossom and there are ripe orchard fruit aromas and flavours. It if full and shapely with a slight custardy feel. The wine still possesses a steely backbone and length of flavor is superb.

Posted from CellarTracker

No pre-mox??

Great note. I miss those ‘Pre PremOx’ wines!!!

those 80s BDM CCs man. So good

Jelly.

Sounds amazing.

This wine was humming along nicely a decade ago.
Anyone saving their '05s until 2038?

Agreed, seems like this was a great decade for Bonneau du Martray.

While I did not taste the 1982 white Burgundies in their youth, it is interesting that several reviewers described them as open-knit and diffuse back in the day. Yet today several have evolved into lovely wines, the 1982 Leflaive bottlings in particular being extraordinary.

So true. I have had 85, 88, 89, 90 and 91s, all excellent.

Thanks Jeremy, great note. I bought a case of 88 BDM based on one of your notes of several years ago and it has been awesome!

and I remember cluing Jeremy in on BdM, long ago. I love the 85/86 duo as well as 83, 89, and other vintages. Used to be the value grand cru white–now a crapshoot.

Would love to drink that baby. Nice!

Had close to a case of this wine over the years (sadly all gone now), and whilst there was some bottle variation, mostly they were fabulous.

I remember blinding the table guys a few years ago with a bottle of this, and everyone thought the wine was either an '01 or '02 (only 20 years out in their guesses!).

The '88 is pretty good also.

Such a shame that white burgs don’t age like this anymore…

Must thank Alan for tipping me on the '85 and '86 in particular, both spectacular wines. I managed to source some ex Domaine stock of these two recently along with the '88 and am very excited.

The 80’s was a great decade for white Burgundy. In particular I’ve had many great 82’s, 83,s, 85’s and 86.s from Leflaive.