The Climats and Lieux-Dits of the Great Vineyards of Burgundy

Has anyone purchased/looked at the English version of Sylvain Pitiot’s “The Climats and Lieux-Dits of the Great Vineyards of Burgundy”?

Just wondering how it is.

I was just wondering the same, after receiving Envoyer’s email, today.

It’s excellent. . highly recommended

If we’re talking about the huge book published… last year? then I browsed it and really had collector envy. All the lieux-dits are listed with explanations about the origin of the name. And I think the book includes the atlas as well. It looked great.

Howard. Is Greg at Envoyer the only source for this? Just trying to find it. I lost the email from Greg.

Seems to be widely available, including here:

http://www.amazon.com/Climats-Lieux-dits-Great-Vineyards-Burgundy/dp/B00QSG28IC

Only one copy left there.
Does look like a good book

Yes but Greg is selling it for $99 not $139. I bought a copy from Greg!!

Hey Don. . not sure as I got both the English and French version in Beaune. Let me know if you have trouble finding one and I’m happy to help out.

Cheers, mon ami.

HIC
Edited for p.s. It’s available in the Anthenaeum for $69 euro and a few euro more for the English.

Cheers Howard.
Many thanks. I will check out Athenaeum. The book looks fabulous.
Happy Holidays to you!

I just picked one up in Pommard a couple weeks ago. It’s fabulous. Best map book yet for Burgundy from what I’ve seen.

Thanks, and to you mon ami.

Cheers!

I got a copy of this for Christmas and can second what others have said about this being the best book of maps on Burgundy that one can find. Really excellent.

I too just bought a copy of this and find it an excellent work. There are probably better books discussing the various vineyards (I recommend Morris’s Inside Burgundy) but this is the best collection of maps and atlas-like information. Recommended.