IPOB announces 2016 Schedule and NYC is not in it!

Mike is sad.

:slight_smile:

Announcing the 2016 event schedule

Please join IPOB at one of our 2016 events:

IPOB at TWE

February 4 to 6

Wine dinner & trade tasting

Open to attendees of the Triangle Wine Experience

IPOB London

February 22

Tasting & seminars

Open by invitation to members of the trade

IPOB at ProWein

March 13 to 16

Tasting & seminars

Open to attendees of ProWein

IPOB Los Angeles

April 17 - public tasting

April 18 - trade tasting

Invitations to members of the trade for our London event will be sent out soon via our partner LIMM PR. We regret that IPOB London is not open to the public.

Invitations to members of the trade for our Los Angeles event will be sent out in spring 2016. Tickets for the public tasting will go on sale at the same time.

IPOB is proud to partner with the Triangle Wine Experience to support the Frankie Lemmon Foundation. There will be an IPOB wine dinner on February 4 and a special IPOB section at the TWE trade tasting on February 5.

IPOB thanks the California Wine Institute for its support in enabling IPOB to participate at ProWein. Please visit us in the California Pavilion.

We will send out more details as they become available.

IPOB 2016 MEMBER WINERIES

Au Bon Climat Winery
Big Basin Vineyards
Calera Wine Company
Ceritas
Chanin Wine Company
Cobb Wines
Copain Wine Cellars
Domaine de la Cote
Drew Family Cellars
Failla
Hanzell Vineyards
Hirsch Vineyards
Knez Winery
Kutch Wines
LaRue Wines
LIOCO
Liquid Farm
Littorai Wines
LUTUM Wines
Matthiasson Family Vineyards
Mignanelli Winery*
Mindego Ridge
Mount Eden Vineyards
Native9 Wines
Poe Wines*
Ojai Vineyard
Presqu’ile Winery*
Red Car
Sandhi Wines
Small Vines*
Thomas Fogarty Wines*
Twomey Cellars
Tyler Winery
Varner
Wenzlau Vineyard
Wind Gap Wines

• new member in 2016

In Pursuit of Balance is a non-profit organization founded in 2011 by Rajat Parr and Jasmine Hirsch. Please click here for more information.

New York isn’t balanced enough.

I am amazed that L.A. qualified!

i assumed LAwould fall flat on their chest.

going through withdrawals… especially since I’m in desperate need of a NYC weekend, and was half-planning on that to be it!

No SF date either.

I’d heard a few months ago that there would not be an IPOB tasting in San Francisco for 2016. Makes sense…the people who matter to the IPOB folks in the Bay Area are already well aware of these wines, so there’s not much to gain by continuing to preach to the converted here. There’s already a sameness to the tasting that’s set in from year to year, with mostly the same small group of wineries pouring new vintages of the same wines. They need to spread the IPOB word to other places or risk losing the edge that they’ve gained from creating the event.

There’s an event at City Winery in NYC on Saturday January 23.

I heard it’s Jay Hack’s fault :wink: …

They didn’t include that in their e-mail. Do you have a link or more information? Is it open to the public or just a trade/industry event? I just googled and looked on the City Winery site and didn’t see anything. Thanks!

I will be pouring August West wines once again. Pinot Days NYC.
Alicia, come say hi!

Aaaah – I got excited thinking it was IPOB related. [oops.gif] [cry.gif]

What is “IPOB”?

Pinot Days is pretty well visited as well. Want to taste a 96 point Pinot? That’s the place.

:slight_smile:

did anyone ever hear why Peay isn’t involved anymore?

FWIW, here’s a list of past IPOB tastings, through this year:

San Francisco 2015
New York 2015
Texas 2015
Japan 2015
San Francisco 2014
New York 2014
San Francisco 2013
Los Angeles 2013
San Francisco 2012
New York 2012
San Francisco 2011

They’ve jumped around a bit, and I suspect that skipping NYC this year could be for a similar reason as I mentioned as a possibility for skipping SF. They may well return in a year or two but I think it benefits them to hit some new spots this year. Taking a one- or two-year break from NYC and SF may benefit them too - it should help keep things fresh as well as creating more anticipation when they return (assuming they do).

In Pursuit Of Balance. Cousin of AFWE

In Nick’s words, Peay was “voted off the island”: http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1800796#p1800796

Absolutely. I went last year, told them all the wines sucked and that no self respecting New Yorker would pay his or her hard earned money to buy them, so they decided to go to places with less discriminating palates where they will buy that swill. I am disappointed to see Poe on the list as a new member. I hope they haven’t changed their style. I like it.

Craig from Sojourn mentioned the date to me. I going to a Flyertalk wine dinner that night with 24 people that think they know about wine. [wink.gif] Timing may be an issue, certainly the wine will be. [wink.gif]

Once again - the best wine at Pinot Days is KRAVE Jerky:)