CLOS MIMI????

Whatever happened to that winery? Are they still around?

Tried to go there last spring. Never got an answer on the phone and no response from e-mail so I would guess no they’re not.

Nope. They closed up shop a few years ago. Last I spoke with Tim, he was in Alaska training sled dogs. I think the 2007 Cab was their last release IIRC.

Did you actually like the wines from Clos Mimi. Personally I thought they had some serious faults. Which ones did you like? I found either brett or spoilage in the ones I tried.

I spent several hours with Tim on day. He came back to CA and was looking for a winery position. He divorced which lead to the closure of the winery. I liked his ultra supercharged Syrah (what was it 17.5?).

Nice guy.

Used to drink that pink label petite rousse like it was water. But only that one. I didn’t care for others.

You can find Tim on Linkedin. Looks like he’s here in the L.A. area and not in the wine biz any longer. He was always a nice guy. Hopefully he’s catching lots of Kings games.

Tim’s wines were not for everyone. I had some that I downright loved and others that left me scratching my head. I still have a 2003 Shell Creek I need to check into soon…

Tim was cool. Passionate guy who was totally dedicated. But some of his wines would likely explode if near an open flame. They seemed to hover around 15-16 pct.

I remember having dinner with Tim in SLO years ago. Super guy but agree, the wines were over the top.

Years ago I bought two each of the Brave Oak (2003), Shell Creek (2003) and White Hawk (2002). I’d consumed plenty of Tim’s petite rousse over a handful of vintages. Just last night I opened and downed one of the Brave Oaks and really thought it very nice. Tonight, one of the Shell Creeks . . . and I think it’s excellent. Really pleasantly surprised by both.

Fwiw, Tim is now selling high end real estate in LA/Beverly Hills. He seems fine and has moved on (according to a recent e-mail).

joined a pretty big crew at per se many years ago for a clos mimi dinner
great dinner and a great guy, but perhaps not the best fit of food and wine that night…