Deaf Is Not The Ente

Is what Blixa sang as ‘Death Is Not The End’ on Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds’ Muder Ballads album. Don’t quite know why I brought that up. Move along.

• 2011 Arnaud Ente Bourgogne-Aligoté - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne-Aligoté (11/24/2015)
    This seriously good Aligoté. You get richness and linearity. There are notes of candied lemon, nougat, white flowers and citrus zest. It has a sheath of glycerol wrapped around a taut mineral spine. Length is impressive.
  • 2008 Arnaud Ente Meursault Les Petits Charrons _- France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault (11/21/2015)_It is ripe but not overblown. There are peach, guava and rockmelon fruit aromas and flavours. It is rich, voluminous and powerful with outstanding depth and chalky dry extract carrying the finish. Youthful and quite superb.

Posted from CellarTracker

just had the 2011 Arnaud Ente Bourgogne and the oak to me was over blown way too much.

Yes Arnaud–that is the question re Aligoté. I’ve never said yes. Maybe I should reconsider.

Please tell me you’ll soon be quoting Jim Thirlwell in a tasting note!

never found his wines to be over oaked, especially compared to coche and roulot. the les referts is always a top wine for me.

Don’t hide it. Provide it!

I’m working on it Craig.

hmmm, but I thought he didn’t believe in an interventionist God?

Come summer, you will have to do “Where the Wild Rosés Grow.”

I sure won’t beat you over the head with it.

I saw Acca Dacca last weekend in Adelaide Keith and on a warm Spring night I could have consumed ‘A Whole Lotta Rosé’.